NGD!!! Again!!!

SkaneatelesLake

Reaction score
A Custom Lite and a Standard? Love the new one, but I am a Custom Lite guy. You must be young and strong.

shupe13

Reaction score
Congrats!

Beautiful guitar!!

It's been a great guitar year for me so far. Makes up for all the slow years I tell myself.

SHERIFF

Reaction score
Wow, what a beauty,:cool: after this one you don't need to by anymore Lesters.... hopefully :thumb:.
Congrats !! :)

jestremera

Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow, what a beauty,:cool: after this one you don't need to by anymore Lesters.... hopefully :thumb:.
Congrats !! :)
I'm hoping so. I'm not one for having a ton of guitars around anymore. I have to admit that the Les Paul bug has bitten me bad. Who knows what will happen? :cool:

JM2112

Reaction score
They're not really my thing but I've seen some really amazing ones out there. God help me :laugh2:
They were never really my thing either. I was never comfortable with the large body size of the ES335 style guitars. Then one day I stumbled across the CS356, which is a scaled down semi-hollow. It's only a bit larger than a LP. I tried it and HOLY SMOKES!!!! :wow::wow::wow:

The CS356 and ES359 are just incredible. You can look at my gear list below and see how much I love my LP Customs, especially Norlin LP's. However, if I could only have one guitar the choice would be between the CS356 and ES359 (and thank the LORD I can have more than one guitar and don't have to make that kind of choice). :)

jestremera

Premium Member
Reaction score
They were never really my thing either. I was never comfortable with the large body size of the ES335 style guitars. Then one day I stumbled across the CS356, which is a scaled down semi-hollow. It's only a bit larger than a LP. I tried it and HOLY SMOKES!!!! :wow::wow::wow:

The CS356 and ES359 are just incredible. You can look at my gear list below and see how much I love my LP Customs, especially Norlin LP's. However, if I could only have one guitar the choice would be between the CS356 and ES359 (and thank the LORD I can have more than one guitar and don't have to make that kind of choice). :)
I recently fell in love with a CS356 with a natural finish. They're not really suited to what I play but, my goodness, are they beautiful.

jestremera

Premium Member
Reaction score
Very nice, but the year should be given by the certificate, isn't it ?:)
Strangely enough, it's not on the certificate. It was just a card with the serial number hand-written on it. No baby picture or anything like that.

RustyNuts

Premium Member
Reaction score
I wonder if the Custom Shop does the baby picture thing? You would think so, but since it is a separate operation maybe they don't.

jestremera

Premium Member
Reaction score
I wonder if the Custom Shop does the baby picture thing? You would think so, but since it is a separate operation maybe they don't.
I just called Gibson customer service and was told that the Custom Shop does not provide baby pics nor do they keep any information as when the guitar left the shop. These practices are only performed by the USA shop. You'd think the Custom Shop would go a little above and beyond with these kinds of details