NGD after a long hiatus...

Findthetone

Reaction score
Gorgeous guitar! Congrats on it and enjoy your rediscovery for the love of playing. I've been there and it was also career related.

JohnnyN

Just another old geezer
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very nice! Congratulations and enjoy in good health :)

moreles

Reaction score
It's pretty, but understated,
Agreed! I find the relentless precisely-pinstriped look, available on every crap veneered Epiphone, to be an annoying bore. In "The Beauty of the Burst," the really gorgeous tops have individuality, life, and variation to them. Some of the best guitars there have flitch match tops. or waves. I like yours very much -- it doesn't scream "bog standard modern LP top" but instead looks like a guitar made out of beautiful real wood.

mgenet

Cheese Burger = Earth
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love the top on that git. Good on you for your leap of faith on
both fronts...work and guitar. You sir are a double winner.

I would like to ask for some more pics if you have time.
Say, a salivating close up on the body, for instance...

then if I get GAS again I can blame you...

so thanks bunches in advance ... :cool2:

rjwilson37

Reaction score
Very nice, I like it. Congrats with your beautiful UnBurst, she is gorgeous.

RocketKing

Reaction score
Happy ngd and I'm even more happy for your professional change!
I know exactly what you mean, I'm in the same situation.
I hope you'll be able to enjoy your guitar playing more and life in general :fingersx: :cheers2:

InTheEvening

Reaction score
After wandering the wilderness for several years where professional pressures sapped my will do most everything except survive another day in corporate hell, I recently left the toxic hell-hole I worked at for the past 6 years and am slowly rediscovering all the things I used to love to do....like play guitar.
So, without further commentary, I present the first Gibson Les Paul I have bought in close to 20 years. I know there are prettier tops out there, but I just love this one. It's pretty, but understated, just like I like them.
View attachment 562137
Gorgeous Les Paul! Happy NGD. I’d say that’s one of the nicer flame tops of the new standard I’ve seen. Def got a great example.

Trying to figure out my own high stress job situation right now, hoping to get more time to play and enjoy the moment. Glad to hear you made it out. Enjoy! :)

Last edited:

rjwilson37

Reaction score
I don't know what it is about GC, but I went there yesterday to look at the UnBurst and give it a play. The setup was crap and the only UnBurst they had in stock really looked like a regular plain top, no where near as beautiful as the ones I see everyone here getting. It kind of put me off on picking one of these up. I guess it is just not my time right now to pick up one. I think when it is time, I will find the one and after playing it, I will know that is the one for me.

RocketKing

Reaction score
I don't know what it is about GC, but I went there yesterday to look at the UnBurst and give it a play. The setup was crap and the only UnBurst they had in stock really looked like a regular plain top, no where near as beautiful as the ones I see everyone here getting. It kind of put me off on picking one of these up. I guess it is just not my time right now to pick up one. I think when it is time, I will find the one and after playing it, I will know that is the one for me.
There's definitely one for you out there.
Just take your time and try as many as you can.

Latest Threads