NGD after a long hiatus...

Lannes

Reaction score
After wandering the wilderness for several years where professional pressures sapped my will do most everything except survive another day in corporate hell, I recently left the toxic hell-hole I worked at for the past 6 years and am slowly rediscovering all the things I used to love to do....like play guitar.
So, without further commentary, I present the first Gibson Les Paul I have bought in close to 20 years. I know there are prettier tops out there, but I just love this one. It's pretty, but understated, just like I like them.
240597483_10220440741513222_5167322641206932573_n.jpg

Musha Ring

Reaction score
Wow, that is beautiful! Nothing understated about that top.

What finish is that?

Lannes

Reaction score
It is a 2021 Unburst.

The thing that I am loving the most is how far these Les Pauls have come from the ones I used to have. This one "chimes" unplugged and the controls are super responsive in cleaning up overdrive. That's something that my two previous Les Pauls (79 Custom and 04 Classic) just did not do very well at all.

My poor fingers will be wrecked by tomorrow....

LesPaul60sTribute

Reaction score
You did very well - Love the Lester! Side note I also escaped that same h-hole you described in 2009. I was with microsoft for years . . its a wonderful feeling to be done with that meaningless world. :)

lakeburst

Reaction score
Congrats to your new life quality! A priceless decision ... :applause:

And congrats to that nice guitar! :dude:

Well done! ;)

Christosterone

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome back to the cult..
thats Incredibly cool…

love it and am happy for you :h5:

-chris

TheWelder

Reaction score
Congrats on the awesome Les Paul. I love the top - looks killer.

Congrats on escaping the corporate trap. Would like to get there myself someday. I daydream about it all the time, but never take action. :laugh2:

Lannes

Reaction score
Congrats on the awesome Les Paul. I love the top - looks killer.

Congrats on escaping the corporate trap. Would like to get there myself someday. I daydream about it all the time, but never take action. :laugh2:
Thanks. I took a big chance and left with nothing lined up, but is was absolutely necessary for me to leave. I worked there as long as I could and not one minute more. I got lucky and a colleague that left 2 weeks before I did put in a good word for me where he went and I start there in a couple of weeks.

mvenuti1980

Reaction score
Thanks. I took a big chance and left with nothing lined up, but is was absolutely necessary for me to leave. I worked there as long as I could and not one minute more. I got lucky and a colleague that left 2 weeks before I did put in a good word for me where he went and I start there in a couple of weeks.
Awesome that you landed on your feet with a Les Paul in hand!

Midnight Blues

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very nice! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so if she’s beautiful to you, then she’s the most beautiful LP in the world and that’s all that matters.

Congrats, HNGD :jam: and play her in good health!

Latest Threads