NGD, a few days late

WhiskeyMike

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
JUST ordered got another Strandberg. It’s a Boden Fusion 6 Titanium. Mainly it is intended as a platform to launch the new pickups they have developed with Michael Frank. This is the intro for the pups. Sorta semi limited edition (76/100) I am a sucker for that stuff. Pics below. It arrived Wednesday. Super light, 5-ish pounds, like my old Fly. Great action, and has a lot of voices due to the Frank pickups and the HSX circuit. The TT versions are too rare atm, might never see one.

1618563313535.jpeg

Last edited:

WhiskeyMike

Reaction score
So what do these play like? What other guitar could you compare it to tone wise, and action wise?
The neck feels perfect to me. No neck dive, nicely polished and finished frets/fret ends. The pickups sound very good through a JVM 410HJS and a reactive loadbox for one, and a Friedman Runt. I have a lot to learn about these pickups, they have many subtle voices. It is not like a Strat or an Ibanez, not in sound, feel or weight. It reminds me a a Parker Fly I used to have weight-wise so maybe 5 pounds or less, but this hangs better. Body is nicely cut for seated play as well. Action wise, it is similar to my dream LP Std custom shop and my ESP USA guitars; it is a little better than my JS2450 and my Petrucci Majesty. 20 inch radius on neck, pau ferro, sst frets, looks like medium jumbo, fanned frets. You have to see the neck back to understand it, but if you just PLAY it, your hands will be happy. Tone wise, it rocks, drop D djents, floats, not high output pups I think, but not low either. Subtle, no hum. Very hard for me to explain better. The neck is roasted maple with carbon fiber layering, not painted but might be lightly oiled, very smooth.
Plays easy, sounds good, not heavy.
Go to their web site, look around, get a feel for what they are thinking.

Phil W

Reaction score
My 8 string Strandberg has Fishman Fluence active pickups and is super-resonant leading to a very acoustic tone. My 6 string has Suhr passive pickups and is less resonant so it's ideal for high gain work. They're very different despite being the same Boden body shape.

WhiskeyMike

Reaction score
Well said. I have a very hard time describing the Frank pickups. I love Bare Knuckles Black Hawks. I have just one guitar with Warpigs. I love the pigs and the hawks, but neither are close to the MF pups. The Fluences are not even close. But they sound great. Gah. Listen to the Suhr’s, then listen to the MF’s on the Strandberg site. Make your own decision.

truckermde

Reaction score
HNGD!! :)

I've always wondered what those play like. Looks kikass!

:cheers2:

Steven

Reaction score
HNGD ! I have yet to ever see a Strandberg. How long have they existed ? Perhaps if they are fairly new ( to me that's less than 30 years) that's how long it's been since I've been to a guitar store within reasonable distance with a decent selection of guitars in my area. All the near-by stores went out of business years ago. I suppose the Internet and options online killed many a store.

Yelir

Reaction score
Nice day for a new guitar! I have been lusting after a few Boden 8 models, I think I like the purple finish the best so far.

To any strandberg owners here did you get dinged with VAT fees if you purchased from the website?

Latest Threads