NGD - 95 Custom Shop Quilt Top!

madramper

Reaction score
Its been a long time since I had a NGD! I've had a few LPs in the past. I still have a Studio Lite that I love! I recently got back into playing and wanted to.... celebrate :D Since Chrismas is right around the corner, I decided to go get myself a present!

I was told it was a Class 5, but after some research, it looks like it is a 95 Custom Shop Classic Premium Plus.

FullFrontal.jpg

BodyFront.jpg

madramper

Reaction score
Since I'm new here, I guess I should introduce myself. My name is Chip and I've been playing off and on for 12 years or so although its definately been more off than on for the past 7 or 8! I had a few LPs. The first pic is a Standard that I bought new from Centre City Music. I loved that guitar and REALLY wish I still had it. The second is the Studio Lite that I still own. It was in pretty rough shape when I got it. I got a decent deal on it when I bought it, so I figured it would be a good candidate for a rebuild. The color changes depending on the angle you are looking at.

LPstandard.jpg

LiteGreen.jpg

LiteBlue.jpg

LitePurple.jpg

Lite.jpg

jlu52

ignoramus maximus emeritus
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, that is one striking guitar! HNGD, and welcome....:)

Kalamazuu

Reaction score
Looks great! I would change those black plastics to creme ones, but that's just me. And that studio's color is really cool, going from blue to turquise, but Purple!
Welcome Aboard!

HRC

Reaction score
Welcome to MLP.

Very nice. Congrats!

Olds442

Reaction score
congrats!

and damn if this thread doesn't make me want to refinish that well loved studio i just grabbed.

madramper

Reaction score
Thanks everyone! :dude::thumb:

Looks great! I would change those black plastics to creme ones, but that's just me.

I feel the same way. I don't know where I got them or why I have them, but I found a set of cream plastics in a box that will be finding their way on here shortly!

roodyrocker

Reaction score
Since I'm new here, I guess I should introduce myself. My name is Chip and I've been playing off and on for 12 years or so although its definately been more off than on for the past 7 or 8! I had a few LPs. The first pic is a Standard that I bought new from Centre City Music. I loved that guitar and REALLY wish I still had it. The second is the Studio Lite that I still own. It was in pretty rough shape when I got it. I got a decent deal on it when I bought it, so I figured it would be a good candidate for a rebuild. The color changes depending on the angle you are looking at.

LPstandard.jpg

LiteGreen.jpg

LiteBlue.jpg

LitePurple.jpg

Lite.jpg

I'm a fan of these color shifting paints. Post more pix when its all together as well. I did the same thing with an import Charvel a few years ago :cool:

Rudy

Reactions: isx

madramper

Reaction score
Thanks everyone! I am really loving it!

I'm a fan of these color shifting paints. Post more pix when its all together as well. I did the same thing with an import Charvel a few years ago :cool:

Rudy

I did the refin years ago. I'll get some good pics of it and post them up for you.

madramper

Reaction score
For future reference in case anyone searches the topic, I did confirm today that it is a Custom Shop Classic Premium Plus and the color is Black Cherry.

porterburst

Reaction score
Sweet guitar!

Here's a few pictures of a limited run of a 94 Les Paul Classic premium plus made in the Gibson Custom Shop I use to own. It's the only guitar I with I nevr sold.

LPcustomTop2.jpg

LPcustomTop1.jpg

Latest Threads