NGD - '92 LP Classic Plus, and she's poypul...

Liquid State

Reaction score
well actually Transparent Purple.
Granted, not a finish for everyone (maybe only for a few), but I love it. Really changes color depending on the light, but is always purple.

Had really been on the look out for a GT, but this showed up locally and was instantly hooked. She plays amazing. I have a had couple Standards I just didn't bond with but this LP is just right, immediately just right (ya know how that feels). All original and un-modded from top to bottom, except for the reflector knobs (I prefer them to amber speeds - but I will keep those in the original brown and pink case, in case I change my mind)

cheers!

cherrysunburst00

TUBE AMP JUNKIE FOR LIFE BAD ASS
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have never seen 1 that color. Nice. Congrats. And the "1960" is still on the pickguard. I always thought that was so freakin' cool. AND, on top of that, it's an early '90s, a period that I am especially fond of. YIPPPPEEEE

Christosterone

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dang my head is going to explode...

I am classic obsessed and have never seen one that finish flamed out..

Wow, what a keeper...

I am so happy for you...

Classics RULE
HNCD!!!
Me and you -----> :h5:

-Chris

Liquid State

Reaction score
thank you, Gentlemen. I had expected the reaction to be love it or hate it. Again - it not your "standard" finish.

I will say I had never even considered a color like this (heck - even my PRS is amber burst). But when I saw it, it was like Oh My! and then I couldn't let it go. There was a guy that had contacted the seller ahead of me and I was 2nd in line, to my great luck he flaked. I am sure my other guitars got a bit of a pit in their stomach when I brought her into the music room....

Black reflector knobs?
I thought I had a set and looked all over for them to try (will have to pick some up). I did put a set of black speed knobs on, and they worked well with the black pups, but kind of clashed with the aged plastics. Looked better and more "classic" with the gold reflectors

here is one more: the color is a bit washed out - in reality it is darker and more purple than magenta

DarrellV

What's up, Doc?
Reaction score
Reminds me of a GOTW we had in the Oddball Lester thread!

very nice!

A am not rich in money by any means, and I had to borrow to get mine, so I am never going to be a collector.

But I for one would scrape the cash together again to buy this one!

It is a unique animal, as you said love it or hate it..... It's me all the way!

Rick67

Reaction score
I like the color just fine! Not a fan of top wrapping the strings like that however, I hope you can string it back to normal without there being too much damage on top of the bridge?

Travis19

Reaction score
Too cool. I actually think that PU covers would look sharp against that finish. Anyway, congrats and have fun.

Latest Threads