Ngd - 64' es-345 td

Guitar_nut

Reaction score
Received this Memphis 1964 ES-345 TD Historic Burst last week with a few other guitars from a "Sweet" Event in Fort Wayne. It plays great and has nice tone. I did slightly polish up the pickup covers while changing the strings. Gibson's VOS looks like "Snot" on the gold covers so I removed a great portion of it. It has plastic saddles which is suppose to be period correct. I had thought about changing them out right away, but quite honestly I'm happy with the tone, so I will just leave them in.

Guitar_nut

Reaction score
Thanks guys, the Inlays is what really caught my eye on this baby. I have a Warren Haynes 335 with Dot inlays but I was always interested in block inlays. And although different these "Double dash" inlays are unique and cool.

bossaddict

@david.beason on IG
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love those split parallelograms. Looks like the cousin to my TDC. Congrats!

Sharky

Reaction score
Thanks guys, the Inlays is what really caught my eye on this baby. I have a Warren Haynes 335 with Dot inlays but I was always interested in block inlays. And although different these "Double dash" inlays are unique and cool.
I always liked dots more, but now split parallelograms are my absolute favorites. Nice guitar you have there, absolutely beautiful.

I'll have an ES again as soon as the right one speaks to me

Texsunburst59

Reaction score
V3RY nice!

You scored on that one.

I'd like to pick up one like yours someday.

Enjoy!

Guitar_nut

Reaction score
Love those split parallelograms. Looks like the cousin to my TDC. Congrats!

Hey bossaddict - I naively named the inlays "Double Dash", I appreciate your help with the correct description, "Split Parallelograms".

loneguitar

Reaction score
That's at the top of my list for my next lady, you've got one sweet looking 345 there son, and she sounds to you as good as she looks you're golden HNGD

Cozmik Cowboy

Reaction score
It has plastic saddles which is suppose to be period correct. I had thought about changing them out right away, but quite honestly I'm happy with the tone, so I will just leave them in.
If they're period correct, they're nylon - and I've never come across a guitar that didn't sound sweet with them.
You have my envy.

bluefrog

Reaction score
yes es345 they are stunning
congrats
and welcome to the club.

Latest Threads