NGD 60th R9 Cherry Teaburst

lpfan1980

Reaction score

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Reaction score
Congrats, that really is beautiful. I bet it sounds killer ?!

Regarding the foam inserts in the case, I left the bottom one as I figured anything that might offer any additional stability is a good thing. I took out the one that sat up by the headstock, however I do have a small towel that is folded and it sits across the part that the neck rests on by the case compartment. If you do this you'll notice that it raises the headstock up a few inches from the base of the case, my logic being if the case accidentally gets a good whack there's maybe slightly less chance of any damage occurring to the headstock

Anyway, feel free to keep the photos coming

integra evan

Reaction score
Thank you all!

Congrats, that really is beautiful. I bet it sounds killer ?!

Regarding the foam inserts in the case, I left the bottom one as I figured anything that might offer any additional stability is a good thing. I took out the one that sat up by the headstock, however I do have a small towel that is folded and it sits across the part that the neck rests on by the case compartment. If you do this you'll notice that it raises the headstock up a few inches from the base of the case, my logic being if the case accidentally gets a good whack there's maybe slightly less chance of any damage occurring to the headstock

Anyway, feel free to keep the photos coming
Yes it definitely sounds killer too! Exactly how you'd imagine a vintage LP to sound, these Custombuckers capture so well. Just the right amount of bite, warmth, growl, clarity and squishiness all in one.

I did remove all the foam. The guitar sits in the case nicely without it. I do plan on getting a better case for transporting it though. The Lifton looks nice, and that's about it haha.

Will be taking more photos with my good camera once I decide to charge the battery lol.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Reaction score
Yes it definitely sounds killer too! Exactly how you'd imagine a vintage LP to sound, these Custombuckers capture so well. Just the right amount of bite, warmth, growl, clarity and squishiness all in one.
I agree with you, my R8 has those Custombuckers in it too and I feel like they really do capture that vintage tone. Hard to quantify but they seem to have a bite and honkiness to them that other LP's I've played or own don't

jb_abides

Reaction score
That top just kills. Great color, this cherry teaburst. Also nice balance of flame and streaks and overall character. Gibson really has been pulling it all together, from wood selection to spraying. Enjoy in good health! :cheers:

integra evan

Reaction score
Thank you!

That top just kills. Great color, this cherry teaburst. Also nice balance of flame and streaks and overall character. Gibson really has been pulling it all together, from wood selection to spraying. Enjoy in good health! :cheers:

It really does have just the right amount of everything. I'm wondering if they had an original Burst next to them when planning out this one...it is a low serial number, so you never know lol

Latest Threads