NGD - 60th Anniversary R9 Factory Burst - Pics added

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Reaction score
Good point. I forgot about the tailpiece. I'll likely leave it as I like the sound of this one a lot. But who knows? Could be worth trying a lightweight aluminum one.
I ended up switching mine for an aged aluminium tailpiece, the difference in weight is sizeable and the general consensus is that the lighter aluminium tailpieces help provide greater resonance. Maybe, hard to tell but if it does it's subtle. I'm informed that this type of lightweight tailpiece is also what you would be likely to find on a vintage LP.

Congrats on your new acquisition, really is lovely. I don't often raise an eyebrow to the darker bursts but your one is a definite exception. Thanks for the updates too, it's interesting reading about something I am never likely to own!

dmantsio

Reaction score
I'll post about that one in the shootout thread later. It's a Vday present from MGL. 97 R8. I love it. I've got both of these new ones out to do a comparison.
So it’s you who bought it!!!i was on the fence buying this , but settled with a 59 from the blowout sale on marks guitar loft .really dig this color though

Haprom

Reaction score
Fucking Killer Axe...When you get tired of this one holla at your Cuz, I'm all in...:naughty:

Steve Hinton

Reaction score
Sweet! That's a really nice grab. :cheers:

I've been watching these 60th '59s and it looks like Gibson has a hit on their hands.

Those I've seen are all pretty tasty and they're selling within a day or two of posting.

Are these a limited run?
Looking at the video's from NAMN, Gibson coming out with barrels Blazing since the reorganization. !!

519tbarr

Reaction score
Excellent looking guitar. Good to hear the electronics are to your liking. I agree that in my CS LP's they lack a proper taper.

Latest Threads