NGD - 60th Anniversary R9 Factory Burst - Pics added

jenton70

Premium Member
Reaction score
So far, so good. I'll be running it at some volume tomorrow and comparing to other historics. For now I'd say it's what we've come to expect from modern historics. Nice clear tone with a little bit of that tele sound. Not lacking warmth though which is important to me.

More to report on tone after tomorrow's shootout!

Pretty slim 59 neck profile on this one. Not typically the color or top that attracts me but for some reason this one really drew me in. Plays wonderfully. The top reveals a ton of 3-D depth and movement and almost looks double stained until you move it around a bit. Tremendous fit and finish.
Deep cherry red burst looks pretty nice.

Let's give this its 48 hour approval period and see what we see! So far, I dig it.

Attachments

DanD

Reaction score
Sweet! That's a really nice grab. :cheers:

I've been watching these 60th '59s and it looks like Gibson has a hit on their hands.

Those I've seen are all pretty tasty and they're selling within a day or two of posting.

Are these a limited run?

jwehrman

Reaction score
That's a sweet color. It looks a bit like the Murphy spray on the unaged cherry models he did from '17 - '18. I was curious to see what this finish would look like. I'm realizing I have a terrible obsession with dark cherry bursts. Ice Tea, Lemon, Tobacco, you can keep 'em. That red is like Colombian cocaine to my eyeballs. I can't help but drool and wonder every time I see one. Congrats to ya!

And more pics please!!!!!!!!

Les Paul John

Reaction score
So far, so good. I'll be running it at some volume tomorrow and comparing to other historics. For now I'd say it's what we've come to expect from modern historics. Nice clear tone with a little bit of that tele sound. Not lacking warmth though which is important to me.

More to report on tone after tomorrow's shootout!

Pretty slim 59 neck profile on this one. Not typically the color or top that attracts me but for some reason this one really drew me in. Plays wonderfully. The top reveals a ton of 3-D depth and movement and almost looks double stained until you move it around a bit. Tremendous fit and finish.
Deep cherry red burst looks pretty nice.

Let's give this its 48 hour approval period and see what we see! So far, I dig it.

Can’t wait to hear more about this one with more photos!

jerry47

Premium Member
Reaction score
Beautiful..Waiting for the next post...I'm saving for one right now.. Projected buy in... End of June.

mrfett

Gibson AF
Premium Member
Reaction score
It is double stained. They said factory burst is the only finish in the 60ths that uses an enhancer in multiple NAMM videos.
Looks nice. Happy NGD!
I’m pretty sure that one at NAAM was a one-off.

jktxs

Reaction score
I’m pretty sure that one at NAAM was a one-off.
I'm simply going by what the reps said.
They said out of the 60th finish options factory burst is the only one with an enhancer, even going so far as to say it's not a vintage correct finish, just an option for people who want more 'pop' in the figure.

Lebond

Reaction score
Beautiful guitar in the best colour!

Looking forward to the tone report...

rdbear7d

Reaction score
Not many figured tops make me go Wow but this one did...i think it has something to do with the color too..not sure..anyway, she's a beaut..Congrats..!!..:yesway:

we need more info on pups and pots..pics too..

Last edited:

sputnik

Reaction score
I really like the color on that one. Reminds me a lot of Tom W’s Donna.

Maestro Fuzz

Reaction score
Not a big fan of cherry sunburst but this is just...wow! We need more info! And probably more pics!

jenton70

Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the interest guys. Here are some more pics. I will be cranking this up later today and will provide a report on the new pickups. I can tell you now that the harness is the best I've had on a stock Gibson. Low-torque CTS pots that roll off perfectly.

sputnik

Reaction score
Man, just killer looking! Gibson really got their stuff together across the board this year. What’s the lemon burst in the back?