NGD: 60th anni R9 Southern Fade

Wiking

Reaction score
After years of looking around and saving up, I finaly bit the bullet. I came across a beautiful R9 in Southern Fade finish. The previous owner ordered from a big retailer around the corner in early 2020. He had it for 3 weeks until he had to let it go. My wife still feels sorry for the guy....

Needless to say I got a good deal. Its a vos model, but I removed all the gunk. Which was super easy tbh.
It came almost flawlessly, only the nut slot for the high e-string is cut a little low, so I cant set it to have a straight neck or the e-string will choke out. With a little backbow it‘s gone. Due to this I had to raise the stoptail or the e-string would just about hit the bridge.So I topwrapped the strings. Feels amazing. Put .09‘s on it. Why work so hard, playing electric guitar is hard enough.

I have a 2011Traditional bought new, but other than the shape and Gibson logo, this is a different guitar. Very light at 3,8 kg; I think thats 8,5 pounds. unplugged its very loud, almost like a hollow body. The unpotted custom buckers sound very clear and aggressive, and the tone knobs are so versatile. Never had pedals anyway, and with axe you cerainly dont need em.
I believe it has an Indian rosewood fretboard, but am not 100% sure.

One happy camper here. Just wish this whole covid bs would be gone, as Im dying to try it out live....

768B5475-EA0E-412F-B2A1-B3E00A92CC85.jpeg

jb_abides

Reaction score
Congrats. Lovely. Enjoy in good health! :cheers:

Wood selection the big step up for Reissues. It's great when one sings like that, right?

Are you in US, should be Indian RW.

PS - more pics, please....

jb_abides

Reaction score
Thanks, I will.
No, Im in Europe. The fretboard looks like the one on my Trad, so I guess it must be Indian.Indian are being sold here as well.
Evidence of easement in CITES, I wonder?

Latest Threads