NGD '60s Tribute

pawpek

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have been looking around for a new guitar for my 40th later on this year. I quite liked a Fender Baja so I went in to my local shop to play one. When I was in there they had a new '60s Tribute in, so after much discussion, I went back and took my 04 Epi Standard in blue to see if I can get a deal.

So I put the 2 head to head, the Baja first. Lovely guitar nice sounds, and for me a great neck profile. Then came the '60s Tribute and it blew the Baja away :wow: don't get me wrong the Baja for me was a lovely guitar, but after feeling the finishes on the '60s Tribute the Baja felt "plastic" the Tribute felt more "hand made" and more expencive...

So with more talk and knowing that people are having probs getting them I thought long and hard, did a great haggle and welll.......

Bye Epi hello Gibson :applause:

Well as this is for my birthday, I managed to get the camera out and take some more snaps before it got taken off me.... :mad2:

So more pics :laugh2:

blamo

Reaction score
nice buy.

i thought id say bye epi when i got mine...but tbh, i play my epi far more than my gibs...

pawpek

Reaction score
Thanks blamo, but I had to trade in it was a errrr "condition of sale" :laugh2: from the person who brought it for me lol.

Ed Man

Reaction score
Very sweet!! Congrats. That's my favorite color combo!!!

pawpek

Reaction score
Thanks Ed Man, it got me thinking of an 08 59 reissue they had in for ages. I wanted that guitar but the cost was too much. I had seen this colour on the Gibson site and liked it. It's funny but in different lights she looks more yellow and orange then brown. I'll see if I can get better photo's if I can find her lol

pawpek

Reaction score
Thanks Diocletian, yes it is beautiful I love the little dark marks in the grain by the vol knob. The back is nice too, looks like 1 piece of wood

planks

Reaction score
Looks great , nice dark fretboard there !

Happy NGD!

pawpek

Reaction score
Thanks Planks she needs a bit of a rub down with some fingerboard oil as there looks like bits of white at the first fret which I am guessing it's buffing compound..

Olds442

Reaction score
hey congrats! very nice guitar right there. :cheers:

pawpek

Reaction score
Thanks Olds I want to go out in the morning and buy a new amp and flight case for her, but I'm, under orders from the "bank" not to buy any more eqiupmet.... Hmmm wonder if they would notice an AC-30 in the room???? Lol

Olds442

Reaction score
it's a LOT easier to beg for forgiveness you know.:cool:

Diocletian

Reaction score
You should keep an eye on your local Gumtree, I've seen a few hard cases on the Glasgow one for excellent prices recently. A hard case is a must for that.

andyb

Reaction score
Very nice - could be the younger sister of my 50s Tribute

Theo 413

Reaction score
Nice git man! And I like that AT-AT in the background!

Ace1432

Reaction score
very nice LP! luckily you didnt get shafted with the "butcher block" edition:laugh2:

Latest Threads