NGD: '59 Reissue 335 and a little FedEx adventure

kidtwist

Reaction score
I received this yesterday. I bought from Zzounds.I was supposed to get it the day before but FedEx tracking said it was delivered and "left at the front desk" on Wednesday afternoon. Problem is that there is no front desk where I live. I called FedEx and opened a ticket to track it down. The next morning I got a call from them reiterating that the driver left it at the front desk asking what kind of business I was. I told them I wasn't a business, he said the driver said he left it at a business. That set off a lightbulb in my head and I went across the street and peered through the windows of various businesses over there (it was early in the morning and they were all closed). I went clear across to the next street and found a Yoga studio that had the same address number as my condo. Sure enough, I could see a long box behind the desk. I went back when they opened and retrieved it.

So here it is. It was at least worth the wait.
It's 8 pounds of sunburst Memphis glory. I'm very, very picky about guitars and hesitant to buy them over the Internet but this once seems to be a winner. I can find nothing to complain about.

Sorry about the bad pictures and the presence of my feet.

Last edited:

SoCal Flood

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
Congrats! That’s a beaut! I’ve been lusting after a 335 reissue for some time now and I really dig the burst on yours. Just had that vintage vibe I’m after. Enjoy!

Midnight Blues

Premium Member
Reaction score
Gotta love FedEx!

She's just lovely! Congrats, HNGD :jam: and play her in good health!

bossaddict

@david.beason on IG
Reaction score
Classic beauty. Nice job tracking it down.