NGD: '50s Tribute Studio w/ Humbuckers

reggiepe

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Long time lurker that just recently joined. I just wanted to share my new Gibson...and last for the year....this is the third.

SANY0020.JPG

SANY0021.JPG

...and here are the three purchases from the past year. I have always loved and lusted for Les Pauls and finally have a job that allows me to satisfy that love for this instrument.

SANY0028.JPG

Left to Right:
2011 Worn GoldTop '60s Tribute Les Paul Studio. Upgraded with a Bigsby and an MSSC wiring harness.

2000 Honeyburst Les Paul Classic. Upgraded with Gibson Pickup Covers.

2011 Satin GoldTop '50s Tribute Les Paul Studio. Upgraded with Gibson Pickup Covers

Bad.Seed

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Long time lurker that just recently joined. I just wanted to share my new Gibson...and last for the year....this is the third.

SANY0020.JPG

SANY0021.JPG

...and here are the three purchases from the past year. I have always loved and lusted for Les Pauls and finally have a job that allows me to satisfy that love for this instrument.

SANY0028.JPG

Left to Right:
2011 Worn GoldTop '60s Tribute Les Paul Studio. Upgraded with a Bigsby and an MSSC wiring harness.

2000 Honeyburst Les Paul Classic. Upgraded with Gibson Pickup Covers.

2011 Satin GoldTop '50s Tribute Les Paul Studio. Upgraded with Gibson Pickup Covers
Nice collection!

I have that same classic, 01' though. I also bought the 50's tribute but i got Vintage sunburst. Its really a wonderful guitar. Congrats on a good collection

Bountyhunter

Reaction score
Very nice! I'm looking in to getting the GT with the P90's myself.

Welcome to MLP! :thumb:

jon1

Reaction score
Very nice! I played one of those the other day and preferred it far more than the humbucker studio.

strat0tele

Banned
Reaction score
I never get tired of looking at gold tops, seriously. Great guitar collection you've got going.

jlu52

ignoramus maximus emeritus
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very nice family!!! HNGD!

Midnight Blues

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
GORGEOUS reggie! Quite the menage a trois you've got that too! :applause:

reggiepe

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I didn't do my homework before ordering the 50s tribute and didn't realize that it was baked maple until after it was ordered. It feels the same as rosewood to me. Looks are a little different, but it isn't readily noticeable to the untrained eye. Gonna change the strings today as I can never get use to the factory installed strings......just a little too twangy for my tastes.

Mpardillo

Reaction score
Is anyone else looking to pick-up one of these guitars? I work in a music store and we got a handfull of the goldtops in. They're pretty kick ass, and alot more bang for the buck than a regular LP studio.

rjwilson37

Reaction score
Congrats! HNGD :applause:

Those are very nice looking axes you have there, that Classic is a beauty!

I purchased 4 new guitars this year as well and I still have 3 of them. :thumb:

Thunder Dump

That tickles
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else looking to pick-up one of these guitars? I work in a music store and we got a handfull of the goldtops in. They're pretty kick ass, and alot more bang for the buck than a regular LP studio.

I would be all over it if they had the 60s neck.

rjwilson37

Reaction score
My LP Plus Top has a 60's slim taper neck, where my new Gibson Studio has the 50's neck and there is only a slight difference that I feel is not a big deal. I did have a GT that had the older 50's neck and seemed a lot bigger, these new Studio's it does not seem the same as that.

Gtarzan81

Reaction score

I played a couple, and couldnt really tell too much of a difference in the neck. It wasnt a baseball bat neck by anymeans.

A bit bigger that the 60's style, ya.

reggiepe

Reaction score
The necks aren't that much different. I had played one of those baseball bat necks before and this is nowhere near that. If you were to say:

Slim Taper = 1
Baseball bat = 10

This is probably in the 4 to 5 range. Not very chunky at all.

That classic doesn't get played much anymore. Its a shame. It will probably get played less now that I have another LP with buckers now. I have been really liking the Dr Z. Maz amps and if I find the right one....the classic may be liquidated for the Dr Z sale.

Latest Threads