NGD 50s Standard P90 Goldtop all done!

integra evan

Reaction score
Got a sweet gold top P90 50s standard husk a few days ago, and the rest of the parts trickled in throughout the week.
Dark fretboard and nice gold color.
Pickups are Lindy Fralin noiseless P90s
CTS pots, Emerson bumblebee caps.
Gotoh Kluson style locking tuners.
Have the option of going black plastic or cream plastic.
Might put a bigsby on it but I will put hard tail on it now.
Husk itself is light at 6 pounds 11 ounces, so it should turn into about 8.5 pounds once put together.
20220805_203826_copy_1512x2016.jpg
20220805_203753_copy_1512x2016.jpg
20220805_203807_copy_1512x2016.jpg
20220805_204350_copy_2016x1512.jpg

Tollie

Reaction score
Congrats! That’s going to be a beauty!

How does the company selling husks make any money? Is it because they buy it wholesale from Gibson, strip out the parts, and then they hope you buy all the parts from them as well? It just seems like many people buy the parts from other sources so I suspect they sell all of their husks and they must have lots of parts leftover. Is their wholesale price lower than the selling price of a husk?

integra evan

Reaction score
Congrats! That’s going to be a beauty!

How does the company selling husks make any money? Is it because they buy it wholesale from Gibson, strip out the parts, and then they hope you buy all the parts from them as well? It just seems like many people buy the parts from other sources so I suspect they sell all of their husks and they must have lots of parts leftover. Is their wholesale price lower than the selling price of a husk?
I'm sure they buy it at a good discount. They buy the complete guitar, take it all apart, and sell everything separately. If you were to purchase all the parts from the same guitar from them, you'd only be saving yourself a couple hundred bucks off the guitar if you were to buy it whole brand new. But then you'd still have to put it all together, and you wouldn't have a warranty.
So it works if you want to spec out your own guitar. It doesn't work if you want a brand new stock guitar.
Stuff sells quickly

moreles

Reaction score
If you do your homework and shop for the best deals, you can end up with a guitar that has all your preferred parts up front -- you don't have to pay for the stock parts (included in the price of the guitar) and then pay again when you mod everything, the way many forum members do, particularly with pickups. Of copurse, buying a husk gives you no opportunity whatsoever to comparison shop weights, neck shapes, etc.

integra evan

Reaction score
If you do your homework and shop for the best deals, you can end up with a guitar that has all your preferred parts up front -- you don't have to pay for the stock parts (included in the price of the guitar) and then pay again when you mod everything, the way many forum members do, particularly with pickups. Of copurse, buying a husk gives you no opportunity whatsoever to comparison shop weights, neck shapes, etc.
The stratosphere lists the weights of their husks, so you can figure out the total weight once all put together.
It's not for everyone though.
I'm experienced enough to know exactly what I want and how to do it.

Tollie

Reaction score
I'm sure they buy it at a good discount. They buy the complete guitar, take it all apart, and sell everything separately. If you were to purchase all the parts from the same guitar from them, you'd only be saving yourself a couple hundred bucks off the guitar if you were to buy it whole brand new. But then you'd still have to put it all together, and you wouldn't have a warranty.
So it works if you want to spec out your own guitar. It doesn't work if you want a brand new stock guitar.
Stuff sells quickly
Thank you.

integra evan

Reaction score
All wired up. Definitely not my cleanest work, but everything works lol.

20220807_165831_copy_1428x1114.jpg

Cream covers I got didn't fit into the cavities, so the black covers went on. Yes those are gold screws holding them on because the screws that came with the pickups do not work in the mounting plate in the guitar....and I only had gold ones that fit lol.

20220807_165849_copy_1512x2016.jpg

Latest Threads