NGD 50’s Standard Honeyburst

HappyFingers

Reaction score
I have wanted a Gibson LP Standard since I was 10 years old. A few decades later, and a few Epi LP’s over time, I went into Guitar Center today just to pick up some strings. Looked up on the wall
and saw this Gibson 50’s LP Standard Honeyburst. Once I locked eyes on it I knew it was the one. Played to confirm and yep, home it came.

44586879-5C5E-44F5-A50B-EE89B6361AD8.jpeg

HappyFingers

Reaction score
Well, that's a perfect LP right there. Love that top, and I've always had a weakness for Honeyburst.

How is it as a player? Strong lower mids and bottom end?

Congrats and HNGD!
Thanks! It plays really nice, I love the neck on it. Definitely a bit warmer than the 60’s Standards I have tested. Not quite as much bite, but is the tone I prefer.

Christosterone

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
the best Lester’s are the ones we love at first sight.

very happy for you…can’t say I blame u either. If I saw that on the wall she’d likely be on my wall later that day…

HNGD…is this ur first [non-epi] LP?
if so, welcome to the cult…

-chris

HappyFingers

Reaction score
the best Lester’s are the ones we love at first sight.

very happy for you…can’t say I blame u either. If I saw that on the wall she’d likely be on my wall later that day…

HNGD…is this ur first [non-epi] LP?
if so, welcome to the cult…

-chris
Thanks, yep this is my first Gibson. Can’t get over how nice it plays, I absolutely love the neck on it.

chilipeppermaniac

Reaction score
Glad you found a keeper, Happy Fingers.

When I got my EPI LP, it had sat in the mom and pop store a good while from about 2010 to 2012 I think. I could not understand it, but it sure wasn't the price keeping people away. Pretty sure I got it for $359 plus tax IIRC.

Stock, it sounded great. But after awhile, I wanted a cheap mod platform plus I love T Tops which my first guitar had. SO I found a set on ebay and swapped them in just before getting a bone nut installed. After getting it back from the luthier, I truly felt it played and sounded incredible.

Sure hope you find your new Honey Burst to be equally as awesome to play.

Latest Threads