[NGD] 2021 VOS M2M R9 Iced Tea Burst

sd_guitars

Reaction score
Picked this up today at a local shop... neck feels slightly smaller with less shoulder than my 60th V1 R0. Weight is 9.1lbs (my R0 is 8.6) but I honestly cant tell the difference between the two. The top was handpicked (hence the M2M designation) and the dealer told me they spec'd the cherry back to be slightly lighter. Almost looks like the color on the "fixed" Murphy bursts. I'm planning on sending it off to HM for a deluxe makeover in the next couple months assuming I don't get distracted with another purchase.

image2.jpeg
image0.jpeg

mjross

Reaction score
Picked this up today at a local shop... neck feels slightly smaller with less shoulder than my 60th V1 R0. Weight is 9.1lbs (my R0 is 8.6) but I honestly cant tell the difference between the two. The top was handpicked (hence the M2M designation) and the dealer told me they spec'd the cherry back to be slightly lighter. Almost looks like the color on the "fixed" Murphy bursts. I'm planning on sending it off to HM for a deluxe makeover in the next couple months assuming I don't get distracted with another purchase.

View attachment 569470 View attachment 569471
Nice, great color and top!

JohnnyN

Just another old geezer
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very nice! Congratulations :)

calieng

Reaction score
My best sounding guitars are right around 9lbs.

Looks nice. Congrats.

Midnight Blues

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very pretty! Congrats, HNGD :jam: and play her in good health!

joba

Reaction score
Thats just about as nice a top as you can get ! Don't know how HM can get it better, besides neck shape etc.....
Enjoy that's a keeper.

sd_guitars

Reaction score
Thats just about as nice a top as you can get ! Don't know how HM can get it better, besides neck shape etc.....
Enjoy that's a keeper.

thanks! Yeah the HM thing has just been on my bucket list for years… partially did a ’64 SG with them but would love to do the full package on a Les Paul.

thelegendnedk

Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score

Really nice guitar ! what would be done to enhance it by HM ! (who is HM)

sd_guitars

Reaction score
Really nice guitar ! what would be done to enhance it by HM ! (who is HM)

Thanks! That’s Kim at Historic Makeovers. They’ll reshape the top carve, neck, replace the fingerboard with Brazilian rosewood, redo the headstock veneer, re bind the guitar (i think), and refinish the entire guitar. As far as I know this will bring it as close to a real ‘59 as possible without buying the real thing or a hand made replica

Cory

Reaction score

Man I wouldn’t change a thing on this one - looks absolutely fantastic already

DADDEO

Reaction score
What Cory said x 10. That's a really good looking Gibson. Still, it's your choice.

Latest Threads