NGD: 2021 Standard 50s in Iced Tea Burst

JMP

Reaction score
I’ve had a 50s standard before but in a goldtop. This was very early on when they first hit the streets.. I’m gonna give the 57s a fair shot.. they’ve always been a good pickup.. but I may later change them. Just depends how they mesh with this particular slab o’wood.
Yeah, ‘57 Classics are solid. I have them in my 2 LPs (not because I’ve selected them, rather they were OEM) and see no reason to change them.

JohnnyN

Just another old geezer
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sweet! Congratulations and enjoy in good health :)

pondcaster

Reaction score
Gorgeous, simply gorgeous. Got to love those 50s Iced Teas... would surely love to own that one!

If you're not opposed to these types of things (again?), please think about (re?) joining our New Originals Club.

Always nice to have those models represented there, thanks!

rjwilson37

Reaction score
Very sweet guitar, congrats. I like the 57 Classic pups as well, so that is a great combination for that beautiful guitar.

tigerflame

Reaction score
They made AAA Iced Tea 50s and brought them up to Canada in 2019. I have one (see avatar). It's one of the best tops I've ever seen.

flamesarewicked

Reaction score
Gorgeous, simply gorgeous. Got to love those 50s Iced Teas... would surely love to own that one!

If you're not opposed to these types of things (again?), please think about (re?) joining our New Originals Club.

Always nice to have those models represented there, thanks!
it would be rejoining for a 3rd time. When I get home from work tomorrow I’ll bring it outside for some more photos.. it’s been sunny and about 85° here.. finally we have some relief from the heat down here in Louisiana

Austinpaulster

Reaction score
Congratulations!! A beaut!

I went for the 60's Standard simply for the thinner neck. I absolutely love it, not just as a Les Paul, but one of the best I've ever played and heard. I'll say this - I am absolutely a huge fan of the BBs. No plans whatsoever to replace them.

QC remains perfect on mine, and I bash on it pretty hard. Zero complaints. Zero regrets.

LesPaul60sTribute

Reaction score
Super sweet Les Paul - I have the same guitar in Tabaco Burst - Looks like you have the Costa Rica case - the best one they offer too!

Yes also I will never understand why Sweetwater would provide images that do not show their guitars in their best light. I mean its the one and only visual reference they have as a selling point.

My 50s Standard looks much better in person as well :)

Congratulations

flamesarewicked

Reaction score
Super sweet Les Paul - I have the same guitar in Tabaco Burst - Looks like you have the Costa Rica case - the best one they offer too!

Yes also I will never understand why Sweetwater would provide images that do not show their guitars in their best light. I mean its the one and only visual reference they have as a selling point.

My 50s Standard looks much better in person as well :)

Congratulations
One thing their lighting does reveal is flaws which comes in handy when buying a store demo or something from them. I’ve done before and the lighting makes it looks more serious than it is in person.. in that aspect it’s a plus but.. more natural looking light makes the flame pop.

mjross

Reaction score
You’re probably thinking that they don’t make a 50s Standard in that color..

They do at Sweetwater.

I wanted a 50s neck LP but I was torn because I did prefer the Iced Tea color.. well they have a Sweetwater Exclusive run of that very thing. Also, it comes with 57 classics rather than the burst buckers..

I will say the photos that Sweetwater takes are usually underwhelming versus how they look in person…

It’s been about 6 mo since I’ve owned or even played a Les Paul.. feels good to be back.

Here is a couple of photos supplied by Sweetwater.. rather underwhelming to be honest
View attachment 562194 View attachment 562195

Here’s a few that I took. I also oiled the board real quick. It arrived about an hour before leaving for work tonight. Looks like the handle and latches have changed since my last one too.

View attachment 562198 View attachment 562199 View attachment 562200 View attachment 562201 View attachment 562202 View attachment 562203
Very nice, Gibson is killing it with some of these tops, congrats! Wish they would make them more available for lefties!

Reactions: JMP

Jay4321

Reaction score
I liked the 60s icea tea the best of all the ones I tried, not quite enough to buy one--big fan of the Epi version of the moderns and wound up with a classic and 61 SG Epi also--but that would have been the finish I could had I gone in the Gibby direction.

I wish there were more colors for all of the above but still have it good compared to the lefties out there

DBDM

Reaction score
I don't find that figuring to be underwhelming at all. I think it is nice.

Latest Threads