NGD 2021 SG Standard

mvenuti1980

Reaction score
So, after getting a better Les Paul than my studio, I decided to put it up for sale and go for a SG…to have one of both of the major Gibsons. Took a chance on a used one from the GC website for a price that Reverb couldn’t beat. It came last night and I put it in a mediocre Gator hard shell case I had bought because I’m not a fan of the soft shell case they come with. The guitar works and looks great, brand new really, except for a few scratches on the pickguard. It’s a March 2021 build. Problem is, GC forgot the soft shell case and shipped it without anything! GC is supposed to be shipping my soft shell case today…hopefully the right one, because I want the case candy! I’m not the biggest fan of the stock 490 pickups, so I bought a pair of BB Pros off a fellow MLP’er that will go in the SG shortly. In my few minutes of play time last night it felt great!

Duane_the_tub

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Congratulations! SGs rock and that looks like a great one.

DaveSG

Reaction score
Wait, hold on...they shipped it naked? No case...nothing? That is pure incompetence on their part, especially on an SG! Holy cow. I'm glad it arrive okay. Coloration on the cherry looks beautiful.

mvenuti1980

Reaction score
Yeah, I was surprised it survived UPS too! They stuck it in a skinny Sterling/Music Man box and wrapped it in bubble wrap. I spoke to GC and they were apologetic and have sent the soft case out to me second day air. I agree the color is great on this guitar.

mvenuti1980

Reaction score
Oh…it just gets better…. Really got to play it this morning and discovered that in the middle position the volume knobs do nothing. You can turn either position down to zero and it cuts off all sound, or you can roll either volume between 1-10 for no difference at all! Called up GC and told them that due to the board in this guitar all the guts needed to be replaced. They gave me back $180, so I ordered an Emerson 50’s wiring harness along with some Graph Tech Ratio tuners. Hopefully this will all be put together sometime next week!

DaveSG

Reaction score
Nice! Good upgrades and nice discount!

Latest Threads