NGD: 2021 LP Tribute w maple neck

sonar1

Reaction score
And a fat neck it is!

FDD8008E-6CB2-436C-855B-90814E107830.jpeg

Went to the toy store in Chico (GC).
Wasn’t intending to buy a guitar (well, maybe a cheap Ibanez or something).
I saw two Tributes hanging high with maple necks (I love them on my slab tributes, like Specials),
AND they looked fat (my favorite). The other was tobacco burst. THIS one winked at me!
490 pickups (another fave). Comes with the new super bag (it’s ok. Hell, the thing has a maple neck!). I’m not worried. There’s cases here I trip over.
Love the neck and usual med/jumbo playability.
I may be low on money but hell, I’ve got credit!
224D855C-BF34-48A9-B913-265B31C0B2FF.jpeg

CEBC8F1B-C08F-4B46-9E14-2F11F34D1555.jpeg

Last edited:

sonar1

Reaction score
I’m loving my Specials (HH & 2 P-90) with maple necks (and walnut stain).
I Love Gibson, but please Gibson: more maple necks!
Never worried about Fenders (you’re SUPPOSED to bash ‘em around once in a while), but clumsy me has miraculously never broken a mahogany neck.
Plus, it sounds like a Les Paul!

BRMarshall

Reaction score
Congratulations, very nice. I have a honeyburst 2014 Studio with a maple neck and the 490R/490T pickup combination - I like it a lot. Enjoy!

InTheEvening

Reaction score
Tributes and Studios are da bomb!
Fully LP sound and playability, right up there with my #1 (Slash Standard) but lighter weight. They give up nothing but a little gloss.
Having just gotten a studio, couldn’t agree more. I like it just as much as my standard. And the stripped down look of the studios and tributes had it’s own beauty to it, simple and streamlined.

Congrats on your new LP, it looks awesome.

sonar1

Reaction score
Having just gotten a studio, couldn’t agree more. I like it just as much as my standard. And the stripped down look of the studios and tributes had it’s own beauty to it, simple and streamlined.

Congrats on your new LP, it looks awesome.

I’ve had a couple Studios. One was a Goth Studio that was all flat black (none more black) ebony board with an inlayed symbol at the 12th fret and a picture of Edger Allen Poe low on the back of the headstock.
Heavy! Fully Les Paul all the way.

I like all the price leaders. Less is more!

InTheEvening

Reaction score
I’ve had a couple Studios. One was a Goth Studio that was all flat black (none more black) ebony board with an inlayed symbol at the 12th fret and a picture of Edger Allen Poe low on the back of the headstock.
Heavy! Fully Les Paul all the way.

I like all the price leaders. Less is more!
I’ve seen pictures of the goth studio, I don’t usually like black guitars but the goth model looks fantastic, very sleek. I like the look of the ebony board studios without the inlays.

For sure! Or should I say “Les” is more.:dude:

Deftone

Reaction score
I love the maple neck LP's, love the plain tops too. Beautiful guitar, congratulations.

Latest Threads