NGD- 2021 Les Paul R9 Iced Tea

redking

Reaction score
Aside from the finish work and aging of the instrument, what do you guys think makes a reissue feel like a different instrument than a standard? I've played an R0 and R9 recently and each one felt similar to the other, but both felt completely different than my standard. Balance, neck angle, overall feel all seemed different - was I imagining this?

integra evan

Reaction score
Aside from the finish work and aging of the instrument, what do you guys think makes a reissue feel like a different instrument than a standard? I've played an R0 and R9 recently and each one felt similar to the other, but both felt completely different than my standard. Balance, neck angle, overall feel all seemed different - was I imagining this?
No, you weren't imagining it, I can tell difference in feel as well. I can't exactly identify or quantify it, but it's there.

danzego

Reaction score

Neck profile is a big factor. In general, current R8’s, R9’s and R0’s have lower shoulders than their production level counterparts. That makes a big difference in how the guitar feels when you play. Even at the same depth measurement, an R9 (for example) typically feels smaller and easier to get around than a Standard 50’s. Same goes for an R0 and a Standard 60’s, the latter of which has higher shoulders and a flatter back than a reissue’s rounder, more gradual profile.

I also find that the body of the production guitar ms feels chunkier than a reissue. Another way I notice a difference is just the way the wood rings and resonates when you hit a chord. A nice CS is a real treat to play/own!

TrackerDan

Reaction score
Got this absolute stunner yesterday and spent all night playing it. It's a 2021 R9 in iced tea burst. The pictures, even the first pic below which is from the dealer, do not do the top justice...the top has so much movement and depth to it that a camera can't capture. Love the coloring of it too. Plus, it weighs only 7 pounds 15 ounces! Unfortunately the switch tip exploded during transit on its way to me, so I have an inquiry to the dealer to get me a new one.

Dealer pic:
View attachment 596303

My pics with a cell phone:
View attachment 596305 View attachment 596306 View attachment 596307 View attachment 596308 View attachment 596309

I'll have to take better pictures on a sunny day with my good camera.
Very nice! here is my R8.

Attachments

• R8 1.jpg
    R8 1.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 31
  • R8 2.jpeg
    R8 2.jpeg
    126.7 KB · Views: 30
  • R8 3.jpeg
    R8 3.jpeg
    29.3 KB · Views: 30
  • R8 4.jpeg
    R8 4.jpeg
    88.9 KB · Views: 32
  • R8.jpeg
    R8.jpeg
    129.1 KB · Views: 32
  • R82.jpg
    R82.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 32

integra evan

Reaction score
Great, now it seems as if everyone is asking "Does integraevan have a problem?" Lol

leofender55

Reaction score
Very nice, the type of color I like. Nobody should ship a Les Paul with the switch tip installed.

CB91710

Not Michael Sankar
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mojo.

Seriously... I honestly have no other way to describe it.
My R4 compared to my Standard... my Fender CS Strat compared to my American Special.
Same body shape and materials, similar necks... but the CS models are "just all that"

AJK1

Reaction score
Got this absolute stunner yesterday and spent all night playing it. It's a 2021 R9 in iced tea burst. The pictures, even the first pic below which is from the dealer, do not do the top justice...the top has so much movement and depth to it that a camera can't capture. Love the coloring of it too. Plus, it weighs only 7 pounds 15 ounces! Unfortunately the switch tip exploded during transit on its way to me, so I have an inquiry to the dealer to get me a new one.

Dealer pic:
View attachment 596303

My pics with a cell phone:
View attachment 596305 View attachment 596306 View attachment 596307 View attachment 596308 View attachment 596309

I'll have to take better pictures on a sunny day with my good camera.
Nice !
You got six different guitars !

Latest Threads