NGD- 2021 Les Paul R9 Iced Tea

integra evan

Reaction score
That's nice! You should buy a Heritage CC to go with it....:rofl: You can send it to me and I will fix it for you. I will even keep it for a while to make sure all is well before returning it.
1647865518713.png

Nikki M

Reaction score
Got this absolute stunner yesterday and spent all night playing it. It's a 2021 R9 in iced tea burst.
The pictures, even the first pic below which is from the dealer, do not do the top justice...the top has so much movement and depth to it that a camera can't capture. Love the coloring of it too.
Plus, it weighs only 7 pounds 15 ounces!
Unfortunately the switch tip exploded during transit on its way to me, so I have an inquiry to the dealer to get me a new one.

Dealer pic:
View attachment 596303

My pics with a cell phone:
View attachment 596305 View attachment 596306 View attachment 596307 View attachment 596308 View attachment 596309

I'll have to take better pictures on a sunny day with my good camera.
Very jealous

dbf909

Reaction score
Beautiful guitar... I love Iced Tea. My '13 R9 is more of a "Sunrise Tead Burst" - I guess slightly lighter with more red and less brown. But very much the same look.

About 10 years ago I picked up a Custom Shop SG Special. It was in absolute mint condition although it was maybe 7 years old at the time. It looked like it had never been out of the case and the price was great.

I got it home and it played and sounded fantastic. I put it away for a few days, maybe a week. When I got it out again, the neck pickup was cutting in and out at first but after 15-20 seconds, it was fine. I noticed that when I let it sit for a while (days) it would do the same thing. I thought it might be a pot going bad because when I spun the control, it would always come back and work fine.

I never thought to open up the control cavity and look inside - and I'm an Electrical Engineer...

But one day (I'd had the guitar for like 6 months at this point and had played it many many times), I decided to open it up and try to spray DeOxit on the pots. And there it was - the exact same picture. The bare un-tinned wire just sitting in the pot lug with no solder at all. I soldered the connection and it has been solid ever since...

Latest Threads