NGD 2020 Satin Honeyburst Tribute With Pics.

Standard 64

Reaction score
2 pics came from Sweetwater after I ordered it and 2 pics I took after I conditioned the fretboard and top wrapped it.Interesting classic round(maple)neck.I would say it's a little bit less beefy than a 50's neck.Thought I would not like the neck but after a while and some muscle memory I like it a lot.More neck,more tone,ha!Lots of resonance.490T and R pickups really work well with this setup.Body is 5mm thinner,they say.Modern weight relief.Comes in at 8 pounds.Case candy included an actual hard copy photo of the guitar at the shop.I can't put the guitar down,looks like a long honeymoon.
IMG_5487.jpg
unnamed (2).jpg
unnamed (1).jpg
IMG_5490.jpg

Last edited:

Standard 64

Reaction score
Thank you for the positive comments!:)It's weird how the "rounded "neck shape seemed kind of fat at first,but now it seems slimmer.Plus the satin neck is a bit faster than gloss.Oh yeah,they include a rhythm/treble poker chip in the case.

Mitch Pearrow 58

Reaction score
Thank you for the positive comments!:)It's weird how the "rounded "neck shape seemed kind of fat at first,but now it seems slimmer.Plus the satin neck is a bit faster than gloss.Oh yeah,they include a rhythm/treble poker chip in the case.
Congratulations on your new axe bro
I have a 2018 GT love it.
Cheers

Last edited:

metalmike222

Reaction score
I recently picked up a Cherry Sunburst Tribute I found in a pawn shop for a smoking deal at the start of all the madness this year. Great guitar, but I think the Honeybursts look much better. Awesome looking guitar you have!

Standard 64

Reaction score
Thank you! :) When I bought it from Sweetwater they had 4 too choose from.I went through all the pictures very carefully.Most noticeably different were the fret boards.The other 3 were not very uniform in color and also had a red streak.The satin neck is smooooth and has a nice round carve.The pickups are very satisfying No need too upgrade.Something about the bare bones approach too this guitar that makes the whole thing magical.I can't put it down.

Jim H

Reaction score
What a sweet looking guitar, I'm really tempted by these. I love the simplicity, and the lack of neck binding is a bonus in my opinion. It makes the neck more comfortable.

pondcaster

Reaction score
Congrats! Had a '17 like that one that I sold to brother to keep in family when I got a few Standards. Really wish I'd kept it! I mean really. Not sure what I was thinking?

Very light weight, excellent tones and flawless build in the one I had. Like yours, beautiful top, too.

Enjoy in good health!

Standard 64

Reaction score
Congrats! Had a '17 like that one that I sold to brother to keep in family when I got a few Standards. Really wish I'd kept it! I mean really. Not sure what I was thinking?

Very light weight, excellent tones and flawless build in the one I had. Like yours, beautiful top, too.

Enjoy in good health!
Excellent tones for sure.My Standard is staying in the case for a while(it could use a break being a 2005)No complaints on the build here.I'm not sure what you were thinking either.:slap:The honeyburst satin top wont be gracing the front pages of the lespaulforum any time soon but I love it:cheers2:

Latest Threads