NGD: 2020 R8 Washed Cherry

Fenderbendr

Reaction score
So I picked up a used 2020 Les Paul R8 VOS in washed cherry a few weeks ago, and I love it. It's the first historic I've owned, and coming from having a few MIJ copies, this is in a whole other league. I tried to get by with the cheaper copies over the years, but I just realized that I needed a nice Gibson.

The guitar is as resonant as my Tele, is a nice weight at around 8.3lbs, has a comfy neck carve that's not too big, and has sustain and clarity for days. It's got a really cool subtle flame at the bottom that looks like an arrow pointing up, has some cool rosewood streaks in the fret board, and has a great piece of mahogany with a beautiful dark stain on the back that pictures don't do justice.

Last edited:

lpfan1980

Reaction score
So I picked up a used 2020 Les Paul R8 VOS in washed cherry a few weeks ago, and I love it. It's the first historic I've owned, and coming from having a few MIJ copies, this is in a whole other league. I tried to get by with the cheaper copies over the years, but I just realized that I needed a nice Gibson.

The guitar is as resonant as my Tele, is a nice weight at around 8.3lbs, has a comfy neck carve that's not too big, and has sustain and clarity for days. It's got a really cool subtle flame at the bottom that looks like an arrow pointing up, has some cool rosewood streaks in the fret board, and has a great piece of mahogany with a beautiful dark stain on the back that pictures don't do justice.

Thats a a keeper-yeahhhh :cheers: :applause: :slash:

Fenderbendr

Reaction score
Updated the OP with some pictures in better lighting. Looks incredible in natural sunlight. It’s almost like the top is on fire. haha

Latest Threads