NGD 2020 Gibson LP Custom M2M Walnut VOS Mahogany Top has some issues

DaveSG

Reaction score
They gave me some options. I decided to send it back and have Gibson correct everything.

Nice! Gonna be killer when you get it back. Make sure to post more pics!

Brazilnut

Reaction score
So you sent it back. The Custombuckers will please you. I myself prefer the Nashville bridge, just because it's easier to intonate, but that's just a quibble. Absolutely beautiful instrument! Did they say how long to get it back?

Bro KV

Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’d like a Custom some day, beautiful guitar!!

Sharky

Reaction score

dasherf17

Reaction score
This is one of the best looking new Customs I have played. I got a great deal on it. It was advertised to have a mahogany top and mahogany body and neck like a 57 reissue Custom. I love the aged binding and yellowed split diamond. The yellowed split diamond is gorgeous in person, kinda hard to see the color in pics. It looks like an early 80s aged color.

The problem is that it was also advertised to have a abr1 bridge which it doesn't and Custombucker pickups which it also doesn't have. I am having a hard time deciding what to do about it. It's brand new from a big dealer. I could return it but it's beautiful. Here are some pics:

View attachment 529105 View attachment 529106 View attachment 529107 View attachment 529108
As you seem to love the look of it (how does it play?), can you live with the "lie" (or maybe perceived, as I read later)? As was also mentioned, parts are changeable... I'd have a hard time giving up a guitar I loved the look and feel of. Will the next one be as nice?

gball

Reaction score
That is an amazing, beautiful Custom. Shame about the pickups...but the Nashville is an upgrade IMO. I wouldn't change that to a flimsy, noisy ABR if it was my guitar.

wjlim22

Reaction score
So you sent it back. The Custombuckers will please you. I myself prefer the Nashville bridge, just because it's easier to intonate, but that's just a quibble. Absolutely beautiful instrument! Did they say how long to get it back?
They don't know how long it will take Gibson to send the pickups. They are estimating a couple weeks.

Brazilnut

Reaction score
So you didn't send the whole guitar back? That's great!

wjlim22

Reaction score
As you seem to love the look of it (how does it play?), can you live with the "lie" (or maybe perceived, as I read later)? As was also mentioned, parts are changeable... I'd have a hard time giving up a guitar I loved the look and feel of. Will the next one be as nice?
The guitar plays great, but I didn't have it long enough to get broken in. I did like the feel of it and the set up was very good for a new guitar. I didn't feel like I had to adjust anything. I usually like very low action and this one was lower than all my other Customs with no fret buzz at all. So the fretwork was impeccable.

As for giving up on the guitar, there is a chance I won't get it back if it takes too long to replace the parts. I may not want it back. It is a nice guitar, but there are many nice guitars out there to be had.

Brazilnut

Reaction score
Oh. You know, I learned how to wire guitars just so I could stop paying people to do it for me....but that ended up being a bad idea, because now I spend a ton of $$ on pickups that I'm always swapping in and out. It's a lot of fun, though, I have to admit. And some of these pickups you get from the custom winders sound soooo good!

Latest Threads