NGD: 2020 Epi Les Paul Custom

SDMFVan

Reaction score
Wow, congrats on the new custom. That is one seriously hot looking guitar.

You touched briefly on the pickups - how is the tone?

As Cardinalcomb said, they're very similar to Gibson Burstbuckers to my ears. I like them quite a bit.

Norton

Reaction score
I took a recent pro-bucker apart and it’s got all the right parts. Maple spacer, nice looking rough cast magnet...no wax blobs. Nice base etc.

They’re pretty much on par with the dimarzio 36th anniversary’s. Slightly different flavor...but in no way inferior.

Love the 2020 Epiphone lineup!

Last edited:

micpoc

Reaction score
Hi all, long-time reader but new member and first post.

Looks really great! I am glad to hear that the rolled/rounded fretboard edges include models with binding; I was inclined to think that was only going to be on wood edges.

PierM

Reaction score
They should smooth out those fret ends, they really look sharp!

Apart that, looks good! Enjoy and congrats! :beer:

BFT

Reaction score
Congrats. I've been eyeing old Grecos and Burny's ... but this is nice. Very nice. The fact that it's a dark fretboard makes me very happy.
Got a super nice Burny RLG 85 last week & an Edwards on the way...the Burny turned out to be a challenge for #1 real quick

BFT

Reaction score
The Epi looks fantastic...been teetering on the Vivian Campbell..congrats !!

1all's Pub

Reaction score
By chance have you had a chance to pull the neck pickup and see what kind of neck tenon it has? Would love to know. On the Epi website the new Standard is listed as having a long tenon, but the LPC’s description doesn’t say anything about the tenon one way or the other.

One would think that if the Standard was long tenoned then logic would dictate that the LPC would be too... buuuut... its also completely within Gibson/Epi orthodoxy to do something completely illogical. So who knows! Ha!

Anyway, check and let us know. Thx!

needlespauls

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
By chance have you had a chance to pull the neck pickup and see what kind of neck tenon it has? Would love to know. On the Epi website the new Standard is listed as having a long tenon, but the LPC’s description doesn’t say anything about the tenon one way or the other.

One would think that if the Standard was long tenoned then logic would dictate that the LPC would be too... buuuut... its also completely within Gibson/Epi orthodoxy to do something completely illogical. So who knows! Ha!

I don’t believe even the “regular” Gibso custom shop LP Customs have a long tenon.

needlespauls

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
They did it for 2017 and 2018. My 2017 has it. Not sure they are keeping doing it with new management.

Very nice!!!!
That’s awesome!!! I remember some of the older ones from the 2000s and early 2010s didn’t have a long tenon. Nice to see on yours!

PierM

Reaction score
Very nice!!!!
That’s awesome!!! I remember some of the older ones from the 2000s and early 2010s didn’t have a long tenon. Nice to see on yours!

Yeah, one of the horrible things Henry did before to quit.... :thumb:

RocketKing

Reaction score
Very cool looking! Sounds very interesting, enjoy!

nagha

Reaction score
A few days later and I keep coming back to the conclusion that I want this in white. Drop in Duncan Distortion PUPs and a proper bridge... lose the fugly pick guard and add gold speed knobs. BOOM! You have a poorman’s Randy Rhoads Custom.

SDMFVan

Reaction score

Short tenon

SDMFVan

Reaction score
They should smooth out those fret ends, they really look sharp!

Apart that, looks good! Enjoy and congrats! :beer:

The fret ends aren't sharp at all. They're actually very well dressed.

Latest Threads