NGD - 2020 Classic

xland

Reaction score
I sold a 2017 Gibson LP Tribute Goldtop a few weeks ago along with my Bassbreaker 15 and a '18 Fender Player HSS. I found myself gassing for a new Gibson LP and spent waaay too much time checking Sweetwater's site for my next guitar.

After a couple of days staring at their site I kept coming back to this 2020 Gibson LP Classic. I pulled the trigger yesterday afternoon and it showed up at my door this afternoon. I was blown away at how quickly it arrived.

I haven't had time to plug it in and make some noise yet but I plan on doing that later tonight or tomorrow. It weighs in at 9.4 lbs and the neck feels great, love it!! The pics don't do the guitar justice, it's absolutely beautiful.

8-7-2020-4.JPG

8-7-2020-3.JPG

8-7-2020-1.JPG

8-7-2020.JPG

Les Paul Newb

Reaction score
The pics don't do the guitar justice
9/10 times they don’t.

Why did you sell the goldtop? Didn’t bond with it? Or were you freeing up funds for the classic?
How was the bass breaker?

xland

Reaction score
9/10 times they don’t.

Why did you sell the goldtop? Didn’t bond with it? Or were you freeing up funds for the classic?
How was the bass breaker?
I liked the Goldtop but I wanted to help fund the purchase of this guitar. As far as the Bassbreaker 15, it was my main amp for the last 5 years but I bought a Bassbreaker 007 in December of last year to play at home and I just bought a Marshall Origin 20 today. Basically, just changing a few things up.

endial

Reaction score
Love me a plain top.

Enjoy! You've done well.

pondcaster

Reaction score
Congrats, very nice Classic. Enjoy in good health!

Just got one in Translucent Cherry and the only problem I've found is I'm definitely having a difficult time putting it down.

My Unburst is getting a bit jealous.

Last edited:

Static

Reaction score
Beautiful. Love the top, I'm a plain top fan. It's quite a bit different than my '08 Classic. My is the one with the hated high output pickups and the greenish inlays. It was slim tapered neck that I was after. Do the newer Classics still sport the thin necks?

xland

Reaction score
Beautiful. Love the top, I'm a plain top fan. It's quite a bit different than my '08 Classic. My is the one with the hated high output pickups and the greenish inlays. It was slim tapered neck that I was after. Do the newer Classics still sport the thin necks?
Yes, I believe it is a slim taper C neck. Feels great!!

steveb63

Reaction score
Beautiful, HNGD!
I own a 2017 Classic, and will probably never get rid of it.

It is the only Gibson or Gibson style guitar I own, and totally love the Classic line.

Enjoy your new toy, I also own the Origin 20H, you are most definitely in for good times playing with all those new sounds.

Once again, HNGD! Or should it be HNCD?

coreydm676

The Cosmos
Premium Member
Reaction score
Happy NGD! I love plain top classics. To me some of the grain you get on these is way more interesting than any flame top. I own a 2000 Classic "plain top" but in reality it has a good amount of flame. Think I am going to try to find a G0 plain top for my next Les Paul.