NGD 2020 60s standard

Street Lethal

Reaction score
Great looking guitars. I think I'm going to pick up a 60's Standard later this year or early next year. I already have the 50's in the cherry burst. I still think the CB on the standard 50's looks light years better than the pre 2020 models and looks better than the '59.

Last edited:

afireinside

Reaction score
100% agree. I tossed a set of 57/57+ into my cherry 50s and switchcraft jack/switch

cliffenstein

Reaction score
100% agree. I tossed a set of 57/57+ into my cherry 50s and switchcraft jack/switch
Were the Probuckers really needing an upgrade? I've heard such good things about them. My Epi 2020 LP Special has the stock P90 Pros and no way are they coming out!

afireinside

Reaction score
Were the Probuckers really needing an upgrade? I've heard such good things about them. My Epi 2020 LP Special has the stock P90 Pros and no way are they coming out!
They were good but I had the 57s anyway. With the 60s i can do a direct compare. It needs a setup so the string height is too high but they seem darker/slightly more muddy but not bad just different.

Last edited:

afireinside

Reaction score
I would say a bit more narrow at the nut and much thinner, almost a flat back of the neck. Not horrible but i do prefer the 50s fuller neck.

Street Lethal

Reaction score
I would say a bit more narrow at the nut and much thinner, almost a flat back of the neck. Not horrible but i do prefer the 50s fuller neck.
Sounds like a slim taper D which I actually like but some people don't. I really like the neck on my 60's Tribute Plus. I don't get too hung up with the size of the neck or shape, I have big mitts and going from one size to another doesn't bother me. I have a cheap Harley Benton Tele copy sitting somewhere that has a bat for a neck and a 13.6" radius for the fretboard and it plays great. The 50's standard has a beefy neck as well but I love it. On the other end of the spectrum are my Ibanez RGs with thin necks and I love them too. An old shredder has to have a few of them sitting around just for fun. My Strats have nice size necks, right in the middle size wise.

Last edited:

cliffenstein

Reaction score
Love the thick neck guitars. I play just fine on American standard strats and slim taper Gibsons, but the thick necks are always ALWAYS better feeling to me.

afireinside

Reaction score
Love the thick neck guitars. I play just fine on American standard strats and slim taper Gibsons, but the thick necks are always ALWAYS better feeling to me.
Exactly the 60s is good but the extra thickness in the 50s helps not strain my left hand as much

Latest Threads