NGD! 2019 R9 60th Anniversary

Sct13

Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh my god !

What a killer guitar!

Here are some preliminary pics ....Tone report soon. And probably a video by Sunday if I can hack this heart attack of a guitar ....

The "Carmelita" neck and body carve are very nice ....the neck is a lot like my old CC#7 a tad bit smaller, but super smooth.
The body carve isn't over done as I heard reported, in fact I think its proportioned well,

Nice work Gibson ....no complaints here.

Gibson did a nice job on this....should I HM this right away?

Last edited:

mudface

Boo Bee
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can see it..... looks beautiful..... congratulations..... and play her in good health amigo :cheers:

Duane_the_tub

V.I.P. Member
Reaction score
Wow Vic, she's a stunner! Congratulations and I look forward to that tone report.

dc007

Premium Member
Reaction score
What a top.....hope it plays and sounds as good as it looks!!

buckwild

Reaction score
That one is great! What is the finish listed as? and no, I would not send to HM, doesn’t need anything

Sct13

Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanx!

Its listed as a golden poppy burst ... which in home light looks a lot like dirty lemon... I was kidding about HM ... this needs nothing...

after a few evenings with it it’s another “cant put down” guitar... I played it Friday night for well past my bedtime and my fingers hurt too much to do anything last night... so yea its a player...

I’m doing a video on it tonight... look for it soon... provided I don’t have too many technical issues,,,

like right now I can’t find any thumb tacks for the lighting diffuser...

dyrhee

Reaction score
Wow, what a SICK top!! Sounds like it feels and plays amazing too! Congratulations!! Enjoy! And if I remember correctly, go D TOWN!! :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Wiking

Reaction score
Nice dude. Very outspoken top. Did it came without pickguard?

Sct13

Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanx, Oh yea it came with one.... On these tops they sometimes don't drill the holes for the pick guard in case the owner doesn't want to put it on...

Its in the case.

Not sure if I should or not....probably will

Sct13

Premium Member
Reaction score
Tone report is a very solid “tone canon”

I can't find a single thing wrong with it ... and believe me .... I look for issues...

It has a lot of presence and clarity in all the settings, The pickups bark and howl ...

I did shoot a video , but I didn’t set the cameras volume correctly and there is clipping all over the place. I was pretty bummed I made such a bone head nubie mistake.

I can post it if there is overwhelming demand ...

I went to reshoot and the mixer took some PFL error to heart (serious shit, it shut me down, gameplay and everything) and now it has to go back to Yamaha for repair... so no future video until it gets fixed.

Truth011

Reaction score
That is a great looking top. How is the weight?
Do you know the neck measurements? I hear the Carmelita neck carve is very vintage accurate.

Latest Threads