NGD: 2019 Original Collection Les Paul 60s Standard Unburst

jstarr823

Starr Guitar Works
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey JStarr - Congrats and enjoy! Thanks for all the detailed info here, you are really providing lots of useful info on the new Original Standards.

How's the neck profile feel between the 60 Standard slim taper and the R0?

Also, WRT to the blindfold test, all you'd have to do is reach for the tuners and feel the Grover kidneys... a nice touch on the 60 Standard, IMHO.

Cheers and HNGD! :cheers:
I'd say that the neck profiles are nearly identical. I measured mine yesterday with my digital calipers when I was measuring the frets. It is 0.820" at the 1st and 0.920" 12th, which is identical to the specs for the 2019 Historic 1960 Les Paul listed over on the Wildwood website (which is also designated as 60s Slim Taper).

As far as the "blindfold" test, some R0s have shipped with Grovers.

jstarr823

Starr Guitar Works
Premium Member
Reaction score
Exactly what I would have done!
It's crazy, but it totally changed the tone of the guitar. When the only thing you change is the caps and the wiring configuration, then plug it into your rig with the EXACT same settings and hear a significant change, you know that it made a real difference. For the better!

LocoTex

Reaction score
Is this gonna be a keeper Jstarr? I hope so.

And do you still have the Junior? Those 2 guitars would satisfy me for life!

jstarr823

Starr Guitar Works
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is this gonna be a keeper Jstarr? I hope so.

And do you still have the Junior? Those 2 guitars would satisfy me for life!
I did the 48 month 0% financing, so this one is sticking around for good. I really got a keeper with this gem. Pretty much everything I wanted in a Reissue for a few thousand less. I got it for 15% off the $2,499 list + $400 in Musicians Friend Backstage Pass rewards, so with all of that plus the no interest financing, it was hard to pass up. I’ve got about $650 in rewards, so I’m seeing a nice little tube combo in my future.

Sold the Junior to @Jim Klein. I kinda miss it.

Jim Klein

Reaction score
lovin' the jr...your new lp looks great with the new plastic...i'm thinking about a lp spl. love me some p90s..lets jam!

4symbols

Reaction score
Nice looking Les Paul and you think its the Bees Knees, don,t know how much you paid for it (interest free) but arent the standards going for Two Grand these days. Being collecting guitars for over 10 years and had some nice guitars slipped through my fingers and in some cases fingers burnt, but always said if it's another Les Paul it has to be a Custom Shop, and there's a saying out there, once youve purchased a Custom Shop Les Paul you're done.

Attachments

Latest Threads