NGD - 2019 LP Traditional

mvenuti1980

Reaction score
I got a good price on this 2019 Les Paul Traditional so I picked it up. The previous owner pulled the BurstBuckers and put in the Seymour Duncan Slash pickups. I wasn’t expecting to like them, but they sound great through my new JCM800. I have Suhr Aldrich pickups on the way, but now I’m conflicted about which pickups to have in the guitar! What would you choose? I also have Kluson Revolution locking tuners on the way. The guitar definitely has more flame in person than I was expecting from the photos. The neck is certainly skinnier than I was expecting for a Trad. Thicker than a Slim Taper, but pretty close to the neck I had on my 2021 SG Standard. I would have preferred some more beef, but I’ll live with it because this guitar has “it!” Just speaks to me!

Now the bad stuff. Although this guitar was packed by the UPS Store and it only took one day to get to me, when I pulled out the guitar I found the top latch amongst the packaging. It really wasn’t well packed. They should know better. I’ve told the seller, but I’m not sure what to do next. Frankly, I want a whole new case because I don’t knew who would fix this and I don’t want a maimed case!

integra evan

Reaction score
Very nice! Awesome top on it, very vintage looking.
The case latch *might* be fixable? I'm not a case expert, but it looks like all the pieces are there? Or are those 4 slots actually sheared off?

mvenuti1980

Reaction score
Very nice! Awesome top on it, very vintage looking.
The case latch *might* be fixable? I'm not a case expert, but it looks like all the pieces are there? Or are those 4 slots actually sheared off?
I haven’t a clue how to put it back on. I filed a claim with UPS and said they need to buy me a new chainsaw case. :fingersx:

wildhawk1

Reaction score
Those SD Slash pickups are great.

Bought a used Epi Studio last year that the previous owner put a set in. Between that, the locking tuners, strap locks, and case he spent more than on the guitar.

Congrats on NGD. From the pic with all the cases it looks like your collection is getting up there.

hotshot

Reaction score
That's a very good looking Traditional !! HNGD !!!!!

Phillycheez402

Reaction score

Bought a used Epi Studio last year that the previous owner put a set in. Between that, the locking tuners, strap locks, and case he spent more than on the guitar.

Congrats on NGD. From the pic with all the cases it looks like your collection is getting up there.
I have an LP with those SD pickups as well, and one with the slashbuckers, I go week to week on which ones I'm favoring. They've been my favorite sound for about 2 months now. But yes, love those

mvenuti1980

Reaction score

Yeah…I’ve developed a problem this year. I have one on the chopping block which makes 10 guitars and three amps total.

Pop1655

Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s the finish I’d want. Very nice!
I think the latch is a 5 minute fix if you can find the right guy. Might not be a guitar guy. Maybe a leather guy or even a tailor.

JMP

Reaction score
The case is an easy fix. If you really like the guitar, get creative and fix the latch.

JohnnyN

Just another old geezer
Silver Supporting Member
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Congratulations and enjoy for long :)

Injector

Reaction score
I had a 2019 Trad and the neck was too slim for my tastes. Everyone says how chunky the Trad necks are but by 2019 they were pretty slim. Great guitars if you like the neck though.

DaveSG

Reaction score
I feel like that top looks just like a '58 sunburst I recently saw. Very vintage looking top.

lakeburst

Reaction score
That's what I call a Cherry Sunburst!
Very nice!

Congrats & Happy New Guitar Day!

:applause:

mvenuti1980

Reaction score
I agree folks, it does look like a vintage spec top. Heritage Cherry without being a clown burst is always nice! I think I have to keep those Duncan Slash pups in there…they just sound so good in this guitar. I’ll drop the Aldrich set into my Custom 22.

Latest Threads