NGD 2019 LP Trad Pro V

mvenuti1980

Reaction score
So I had bought a brand new Studio in Smokehouse Burst and the guitar was beautiful, but it just didn’t have the magic that my other Les Paul had. So I took AMS up on their return policy. I then stumbled across a great deal on a 2019 Trad Pro V. It was in my price range because someone had obviously dropped it and chipped the finish of the side in a 1 inch ding. I don’t play out, so I don’t need to impress others with my guitar, so I bought it. Came in last night, finally was able to play it this morning. I love the asymmetrical neck, the compound radius fretboard and all the splitting and phase options in the electronics. This guitar has the magic the other one didn’t have! I will say that the font on the truss rod cover is ugly so I bought a blank one from Gibson that is on the way to replace it.

Musha Ring

Reaction score
Beautiful looking guitar! I hope it treats you well.

Do you plan on keeping the phase and split options.

My Classic came with all that and my first inclination was to tear it all out. But it turns out I love the options. Especially the phase.

Middle position, out of phase, bridge volume between 8 and 9 is my new thing. It's absolute pure bliss!

mvenuti1980

Reaction score
Yes, I plan on keeping all the push/pull options. I think it’s one of the main features of this guitar. The tradbucker pickups that are exclusive to this model sound pretty good too!

Phillycheez402

Reaction score
Enjoy man. The neck alone made me fall in love with mine, and it is surprisingly built well compared to other Gibsons I've had which is surprising considering theyre"lower end models"... hahahahaha psssh

metalmike222

Reaction score
Sweet axe!
I bought a 2020 Trad Pro V and the VERY end of last year and love it. I also replaced the truss rod cover with a blank one because "Trad Pro V" is a visual train wreck. I LOVE my guitar. I want to add a Classic and/or Custom to the collection soon, but if I came across a good deal on another Trad Pro V, I would pick it up without hesitation.

rjwilson37

Reaction score
Congrats, she looks very sweet indeed. We definitely need more pictures, and of course would like to see the ding, hope it's not to bad.

mvenuti1980

Reaction score
Here is another pic of the guitar plus a pic of the ding. The more I look at where it is, the more I think it may be from a really scratchy strap! I can tell this satin finish is quite delicate.

Anyways, I put some new Elixir strings on it and the thing screams! I had to put some other guitars on the chopping block to afford this…but I’m glad I did it!

Latest Threads