NGD - 2019 LP Classic Honeyburst

unknownfan

Reaction score
Here is the guitar my kids got me as an early Christmas gift. Sorry for delay in getting pics posted.
The selector switch nut had come off in the case in transit, but I got it back together most riki tik.
It plays good, neck is nice and I will be doing a set up with some heavier strings.

Any mods I need to take care of? I haven't had a LP since 1989...

Thanks!

Attachments

Mike J.

Reaction score
Beautiful guitar - congrats. The 61s are a little on the aggressive and bright side. Brightness is not a bad thing for a mahogany guitar - especially in the neck position. To me they sound like a hotter version of the BBs. Definitely not vintage sounding, but still good pus. I personally would take care of the push/pull thing (who needs that...), too. Good luck with your search for the pus - once you ask for recommendations here, you’ll get a million different options. Here’s my advice: Check for yourself in a music store, take your guitar with you for comparison, don’t rely on YouTube!

Christosterone

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
God I love that guitar :drool:

im so glad classics went back to brown cases...
in the early 2000s they were black...

anyhow, that is such a perfect guitar...perfect top and beautifully painted/dyed

-Chris

coolidge

Reaction score
Love it, dig the more natural wood grain vs super flame tops. Not keen on the zebra pups or silver top knobs on this color but congrats she's looking good!

tjdjr1

Reaction score
Just got the same guitar a few weeks ago very nice guitar. The 61 pups are pretty nice, setting their height really dial them in more so than other pups. I'm not a pc board fan, but left it in there I did change the bridge pot to 300k linear. I like how the linear basically tapers off gain then volume. Enjoy !

jbat

Reaction score
Congrats. Mods? Why not just play your brand new professional grade instrument for awhile before swapping things out? :dunno:

Christosterone

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well i tried, but i can't post a picture because the filesize is too big.
same happened to me....I can’t even link pics from my MLP album..
screen shots from my iPad work sometimes
sometimes the don’t work...no clue but happy ngd

-Chris

Latest Threads