NGD: 2019 Les Paul Standard Seafoam green

jstarr823

Starr Guitar Works
Premium Member
Reaction score
So much hate with the Burstbucker Pros and the switching system... I don't get it, great sounds all around.
2017 Standard is among the best LPs I've ever owned. Pickups, switching, and all.

GunMonkeyINTL

Reaction score
So much hate with the Burstbucker Pros and the switching system... I don't get it, great sounds all around.
I know. The thing about coils splits is that, if you don’t pull up on the pot, they’re not split.

But, muh fiftees wouering!!

I haven’t found much use in my splits, or OOP, but I love having the kill switch.

Sea Foam is an awesome color for a Les Paul. The world only needs so many cherry bursts, and I think it surpassed that number a few decades back.

ManicPete

Reaction score
Gorgeous guitar. I alway thought that these seafoam LPs would look mega with some double whites. Hope OP is still rocking this guitar!

PauloQS

Reaction score
Is it the same electronics as the 2019? What color?
Similar, but not identical to the 2017 T. The 2019 has dip switches, which allows for the choice of 50s vs modern wiring for each pickup, coil tap vs coil split for each of the pickups, and spike control for recording on or off. Furthermore, the bridge tone push-pull on the 2019 I believe controls the pickup slugs in the coil split/tap inner vs outer slugs. The tone control on the 2017 is a pure bypass control. When activated it is the bridge pickup bypassing all the controls (like a Junior without volume and tone pots). The 2019 has what the 2017 Standard HP had at the time. Among the current lineup, the modern collection classic, the Guitar Center exclusive dark knight and the modern collection Les Paul Modern have the same circuitry as the 2017 Standard T.

Fritz44

Reaction score
Beauty congrats but the amber knobs kind of look out of place imo

LPTDMSV

Reaction score
Well, I took my daughter to a birthday this Saturday and decided to stop by a nearby GC while I waited. Ended walking out the door with one of these seafoam 2019 Standards.

Absolutely not my style when it comes to looks and myriad of features and such, but just loved, loved, loved that neck and the overall feel and sound of the guitar, including the split tones.

Also a really weird finish for a LP I always thought but in person and removing my purist glasses it really does look cool. Much more figured top than most of the recent originals too. It's been a long time since I've had a Gibson USA guitar and have read all the horror stories as far as quality. I wouldn't agree based on this one, this is a beautiful and flawlessly finished instrument.

So, it's going to sit proudly by my R8 and R9, and I'm really happy I stumbled upon this one. I actually liked it quite a bit better than a couple of Moderns they had, go ..
Great looking guitar, I'd take that over an HCB any day - quite an expensive day out, but when you find one you really like, got to snag it! All Les Pauls are not alike, some are the pearl in the shell :)

Latest Threads