NGD: 2019 Les Paul Junior (Vintage Sunburst)

J_Euphoria

Reaction score
After selling some gear and working over time, I went ahead and ordered a brand new 2019 Gibson Les Paul Junior from American Musical Supply. I have to say, this lovely instrument is simply killer.

2019 Les Paul Junior by J Euphoria, on Flickr

The first thing that struck me was the chunky neck profile, which is what I prefer. I also noticed how flawless the finish was (I also love the "vanilla" smell that came with it).

After playing many les paul junior's, I feel that this one was the best I have played by far. It has all the features I have been looking for all these years. I get the fat neck profile, gloss nitro finish, and most importantly, the sub-$3,000+ price; and it all comes with a hard shell case, strap, Gibson Multi-Tool, and a baby picture of the guitar on the work bench back at the Gibson Factory. This guitar has come into my life at just the right time!

Thanks for checking it out! Cheers!

lpfan1980

Reaction score
After selling some gear and working over time, I went ahead and ordered a brand new 2019 Gibson Les Paul Junior from American Musical Supply. I have to say, this lovely instrument is simply killer.

The first thing that struck me was the chunky neck profile, which is what I prefer. I also noticed how flawless the finish was (I also love the "vanilla" smell that came with it).

After playing many les paul junior's, I feel that this one was the best I have played by far. It has all the features I have been looking for all these years. I get the fat neck profile, gloss nitro finish, and most importantly, the sub-$3,000+ price; and it all comes with a hard shell case, strap, Gibson Multi-Tool, and a baby picture of the guitar on the work bench back at the Gibson Factory. This guitar has come into my life at just the right time!

Thanks for checking it out! Cheers!
Thats a nifty JNR enjoy! :) :dude:.

endial

Reaction score
Yeah, maybe a bit of herd-thinning is in order. You and @jstarr823 are killing me and I just KNOW in the ensuing weeks there'll be plenty more posted here. It's a long story (that I won't get into, thanks) but I used to have a '56 Junior and I miss that guitar like I miss youth. That baseball bat neck is home for me and nothing...nothing sounds/feels/plays/responds/kills/chimes/chills/satisfies like a Junior.
A SERIOUS heart-felt congratulations to you (and to Jeff), as I know the pleasure of a gem like this.

ManicPete

Reaction score
@jstarr823 and @J_Euphoria

Out of curiosity, what do you guys play on your Juniors? And how are they different to your standard type of Les Paul?

I agree they are gorgeous and I'm trying to convince myself not to get one.

jstarr823

Starr Guitar Works
Premium Member
Reaction score
@jstarr823 and @J_Euphoria

Out of curiosity, what do you guys play on your Juniors? And how are they different to your standard type of Les Paul?

I agree they are gorgeous and I'm trying to convince myself not to get one.
You can pretty much play any genre on a Junior that you can play on a "regular" Les Paul. There's a TON of tonal variety at your fingertips with the volume and tone controls. And the "true" Gibson P90 sounds better than most humbuckers in my honest opinion.

bwillard

Reaction score
You can pretty much play any genre on a Junior that you can play on a "regular" Les Paul.
I've tried and tried to play Jazz on mine but it never sounds quite right...

edselman

Reaction score
Beautiful guitar. I have one on my “to get” list. Congratulations!

Tributefan58

Reaction score
A great guitar! Set up on mine (2020) is really good! Plays like butter, sounds terrific! You have everything you need and nothing you don’t. Haven’t loved a Les Paul like this since my beloved R6, which I sold, being an idiot. This one stays. Oh, and that vanilla ?smell of the Junior, Gibson should sell it in bottles!:)

endial

Reaction score
Which brings to mind the question-

Why did we have to wait so long for such an animal? Was Henry so authoritarian in nature that he couldn't bear to let the consumer have ANY say in what so many wanted/desired? These things must be selling like toilet paper in a pandemic. What a freakin' idiot.

Such simple and killer guitars.

Bend'n'Slide

Reaction score
These things must be selling like toilet paper in a pandemic.

OK, c’mon now, own up fellas,

— which of you guys went panic-buying and now has like twenty of these things stacked away in your basements...?

:hmm:

:iough:

(And why doesn’t MLP have a toilet paper emoji yet...?)

Seriously, fabulous guitars — all of you, enjoy your Juniors in good health! Long may you play them!

:cheers:

Latest Threads