NGD 2019 Gibson Les Paul Standard 60s Unburst

Ripgut

Reaction score
Hey everybody, longtime lurker here, finally got enough money to buy me a nice fiddle! Thought I would make my first post a NGD post. The wealth of information here on the forums is INCREDIBLE and I appreciate ALL the input I have received through the zillions of posts I've read over the years. Well here she is, Jacqueline AKA Jackie.

O05oMvR.jpg

h2oadmv.jpg

38CLqpp.jpg

lWij7nY.jpg

nYfHZIO.jpg

NBaCavO.jpg

n48B66l.jpg

BbaeK6Z.jpg

Sh0UJjL.jpg

Ripgut

Reaction score
I inspected her thoroughly, she sounds great, no dings, no scratches, all the blinding is flawless, including the frets, only complaints I have is that the G string is buzzing when I play it open and the neck needs dressing. It also did not come with a blank truss rod cover which I called about and they are sending me one from the place I ordered it from. I did order a blank cover from a place called Creamtone online which is cool. I'm going to install Schaller S Locks on her and I'm also planning to take her to my friend's friend's shop called Chubtone Guitars to have it setup until I learn how to do it myself. I'm also planning to put some Seymour Duncan Alnico II Slash Zebra pickups in her as well while it's at Chubtone. Thoughts or opinions? I don't mind any criticism, it's fun, to each their own.

Gtarzan81

Reaction score
I inspected her thoroughly, she sounds great, no dings, no scratches, all the blinding is flawless, including the frets, only complaints I have is that the G string is buzzing when I play it open and the neck needs dressing. It also did not come with a blank truss rod cover which I called about and they are sending me one from the place I ordered it from. I did order a blank cover from a place called Creamtone online which is cool. I'm going to install Schaller S Locks on her and I'm also planning to take her to my friend's friend's shop called Chubtone Guitars to have it setup until I learn how to do it myself. I'm also planning to put some Seymour Duncan Alnico II Slash Zebra pickups in her as well while it's at Chubtone. Thoughts or opinions? I don't mind any criticism, it's fun, to each their own.
What's wrong with the current pickups?

Ripgut

Reaction score
What's wrong with the current pickups?
Nothing in particular, I've heard nothing but great things about the Seymour Duncan APH-2 pickups and want to see the differences. I want to experiment. I believe that the guy who ghostbuilt Slash's '59 replica 9 0607 used the APH-2 to recreate a '59 sound without original PAFs and that's what I'm planning to do. I could always swap them back out and sell them if I dislike them. Cosmetically I dig the zebra pickup looks as well, that's a plus too for me, but ultimately of course the sound, the tone will be the main factor.

Midnight Blues

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice! Congrats, HNGD :jam: play her in good health, :wave:, :welcome: to the MLPF and the LP Club!

Zoobiedood

Reaction score
Nothing in particular, I've heard nothing but great things about the Seymour Duncan APH-2 pickups and want to see the differences. I want to experiment. I believe that the guy who ghostbuilt Slash's '59 replica 9 0607 used the APH-2 to recreate a '59 sound without original PAFs and that's what I'm planning to do. I could always swap them back out and sell them if I dislike them. Cosmetically I dig the zebra pickup looks as well, that's a plus too for me, but ultimately of course the sound, the tone will be the main factor.
Well, the APH-2 are indeed, remarkable pickups. But not having a particular issue to fix while switching has a chance to be a sideways step.

Gtarzan81

Reaction score
That's fair. I'd say at least give the stock pickups a shot before switching them out on day 1.

Dogbreath

Reaction score
Beautiful guitar. Get going on doing your own setups. It’s easy and fun.

thxphotog

Reaction score
Congrats! Not to feed the flames so to speak :)-)) but I agree with the above poster in that zebra's are a match made in heaven (aesthetically) for unbursts like yours. Either way, gorgeous guitar.

Ripgut

Reaction score
Bursts are crazy, in a good way! Depending on the angle and other factors, she looks like a Trad Caramel Burst inside sometimes, outside she looks lemony sometimes, sometimes looks like a flamey Heritage Cherry. Hehe.

Some of my knobs are a little wobbly, they're on there good, just the way they turn, is this normal? I'm gonna ask my friend about it also when I take her in.

Latest Threads