NGD: 2019 Classic Vibe

PearlCrowes

Reaction score
My wife heard me talking the other day about needing a Stratocaster for McCready Pearl Jam parts and since she has seen some increase in her sales, she offered to buy me one.

With no local shops open we checked out some Fenders in her budget, but I had to go a different direction as I didn’t really see the extra $300 for a Fender worth it.

Went with this baby and have zero regrets. Set up was spot on from Sweetwater and the pickups have some serious bite that I love. Let her pick the color. The least I could do.

654B8CC9-0BC5-40C1-A981-A0FCDEA65905.jpeg

Bigfoot410

I'll have a sammich!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can't beat 'em for the money. Congrats! :)

PearlCrowes

Reaction score
Thanks guys!

I’m definitely going to have to warm up to no tone control on the bridge, but damn it bites and quacks wonderfully.

fleahead

Reaction score
Man, I had a CV CAR '60 Strat, Tele Custom, P/J bass.... hell I even had a nice blue Bullet and red Bullet.

I'm a big fan of "It ain't what you got, it's how you use it". And since I do set ups, I can make darn near anything play good.

While they all went away as I bought, sold and traded I plan on another Tele Custom at the least. Happy NGD

Last edited:

smk506

Reaction score
Thanks guys!

I’m definitely going to have to warm up to no tone control on the bridge, but damn it bites and quacks wonderfully.
That’s one of those Leo Fender design features that’s more flaw than fantastic imo.

Next string change just wire the bridge into the bottom tone pot with the middle. It’s simple and worth it. Or you can do the full 7 way wiring mod and go nuts.

PearlCrowes

Reaction score
I’d love to wire the bridge to a tone pot but I am absolutely clueless when it comes to actually doing that.

I do love the bridge pickup on this guitar. I just wish I could share pedals with my Les Paul. It’s a pain to have to constantly readjust the tone knob. So, each guitar has its own pedals. I like pedals so I can’t complain too much.

Latest Threads