NGD 2019 61’ SG w/ Sideways Vibrato

ajory72

Reaction score
Hi chaps, I just imported this guitar from Japan to Australia (it arrived yesterday) and I can say it has by far exceeded my expectations in regards to sound, fit n’ finish and msn these vibratos are just awesome!
67388F6F-8C05-407F-A6B3-0DFC39DE8EA6.jpeg

Cjsinla

Reaction score
HNGD

A guitar so nice, you posted twice!

Pancake81

Reaction score
That must be a rare bird in the land down under! Congratulations, she’s a beauty

ajory72

Reaction score
I bought used one last year, also a 2019. After I blocked the trem to improve tuning stability, and added vintage pickup covers, it is now a monster...congrats & HNGD :thumb:
Hey, very nice axe you have there...

I was wondering if any other 2019's had the same orangey kind of look as mine, now yours doesn't look as bad as mine - maybe bad isn't the right word, maybe, but I do like the heritage cherry SG's...
Here's a pic of mine under flash - it seems to go more orangey - under normal house lights, during the day it can go from red - orange red..... definitely NOT 61' cherry red... so I might get around to re-spraying it, though I hate to work on guitars that are factory original...

SG orange.jpg

Attachments

KS 5150

Reaction score
Hey, very nice axe you have there...

I was wondering if any other 2019's had the same orangey kind of look as mine, now yours doesn't look as bad as mine - maybe bad isn't the right word, maybe, but I do like the heritage cherry SG's...
Here's a pic of mine under flash - it seems to go more orangey - under normal house lights, during the day it can go from red - orange red..... definitely NOT 61' cherry red... so I might get around to re-spraying it, though I hate to work on guitars that are factory original...

View attachment 559923
That's odd. Mine can vary from cherry red to more of a wine color, depending on the lighting. I guess that the color can vary depending on the batch used. Maybe others can chime in. Here's a pic of mine getting sun in the window:

ajory72

Reaction score
That's odd. Mine can vary from cherry red to more of a wine color, depending on the lighting. I guess that the color can vary depending on the batch used. Maybe others can chime in. Here's a pic of mine getting sun in the window:

Man that's nice - now that's more like the kind of colour I'd prefer :)

Anyone else find their 2019 SG has a kind of orange hew under flash - or definitely not cherry red although it's meant to be?

Would be interesting to know if its the year, or batch etc. like KS5150 is suggesting.
Funnily enough I was checking out the Frank Zappa 'Roxy' SG and mine has that colour almost.... (I'm certainly getting Zappa vibes of my SG)
Gibson - Roxy SG

Latest Threads