NGD...2018 LPC 1957 VOS Antique Pelham Blue

KBMelb

Reaction score
Beauty! Congrats!

LPCs are my weakness. If I were a wealthy man I'd have 3 more...'57 in Pelham, '74 in White and '68 in Natural.

wtp1369

Reaction score
I finally got her today...the first Custom Shop guitar I have ever had in my hands .. and my 2nd LP.

Sorry will have to post some better pictures later..was too excited and just played most of the day.

Love the feel and tones I am hearing...also compared to my 10..7lb standard Goldtop...at 8.9lb this LP feels so much lighter and better balanced.

Came nicely setup from Wildwood...with lower action than I am used to but plays and sounds great so will just leave it that way . LOVE IT!
That is gorgeous! And I love the wafflebacks!

Socrates

Reaction score
Thanks guys!!..yeah I am really happy with this '57 LPC. Its a chamelion color...depending on lighting it goes from a baby blue to aqua to a vintage looking green....i keep staring at the gold tuners and blue headstock while playing her :)

PeteNJ75

Reaction score
I saw one of these on the Wildwood site and was drooling. I love the aged blue-green look it has. Usually I like my Customs black or white but this is bad ass. The tone I heard on the Wildwood demo video sounded super unique too - not sure I’ve heard a Custom like it before. Does yours have the same kind of cutting, bright, almost cocked-wah kinda sound to it?

Socrates

Reaction score
I saw one of these on the Wildwood site and was drooling. I love the aged blue-green look it has. Usually I like my Customs black or white but this is bad ass. The tone I heard on the Wildwood demo video sounded super unique too - not sure I’ve heard a Custom like it before. Does yours have the same kind of cutting, bright, almost cocked-wah kinda sound to it?
Yes it does! You probably saw the video of the actual guitar I bought. This is the only custom I have played so I cant compare it to any other...but overall sounds crisp, bright, chimey ...and really screams lol... it kinda does have a subtle cocked wah sound or its the awesome player in the vid

Last edited:

PeteNJ75

Reaction score
Yes it does! You probably saw the video of the actual guitar I bought. This is the only custom I have played so I cant compare it to any other...but overall sounds crisp, bright, chimey ...and really screams lol... it kinda does have a subtle cocked wah sound or its the awesome player in the vid

That might be the same one. Truly a cool sounding guitar. I’m not sure cocked-wah describes the tone but it’s definitely bright and cutting. Most Customs do not sound like this, and most aren’t nearly this light, especially considering it’s a solid piece of mahogany. Definitely a unique guitar in all respects.

Latest Threads