NGD: 2018 Les Paul Junior VOS in Sunshine

lawrev

Reaction score
Hi All,

It took a special guitar for me to sell my Lukas Nelson Junior (which is fantastic in its own right!), but here it is. This is a 2018 Junior 1958 Reissue in Sunshine, modded at the Custom Shop with Grovers, humbucker, coil split wiring on the volume knob, and the special VOS finish in Sunshine. I almost purchased this exact guitar new 1 - 2 years ago but someone else snatched it up first. It had 2 owners before I purchased it, and the first owner took out the zebra Custom S Humbucker in favor of something else. Doesn't matter - I ordered a SD Antiquity and that is going in shortly.

I will probably sell the humbucker that you see in these photos, unless it is another Custom S Humbucker or another Custom Shop humbucker.

This exact guitar showed up for sale and I didn't want to lose it a second time! It weighs 6 pounds 6 ounces, great neck on it (doesn't feel like a chunky neck of a 58) and plays great. Great balance too. And it is resonant as hell unplugged. Can't wait to plug it in. I'll get a couple better photos up soon, but these do the trick for now. This Junior is a keeper!

2018 Les Paul Junior VOS 9.jpg 2018 Les Paul Junior VOS 8.jpg 2018 Les Paul Junior VOS 6.jpg 2018 Les Paul Junior VOS 5.jpg 2018 Les Paul Junior VOS 4.jpg 2018 Les Paul Junior VOS 3.jpg 2018 Les Paul Junior VOS 2.jpg 2018 Les Paul Junior VOS 1.jpg 2018 Les Paul Junior VOS 10.jpg

Last edited:

none2low

Reaction score
Congrats!! I remember when CME did a blowout on these. I foolishly hesitated and then poof, they were gone. Killer junior with something a little different. :applause:

lawrev

Reaction score
A higher up at CME told me recently that they considered this run a failure. I'm thinking: Since when can a factory hot rodded Custom Shop Junior be considered a failure? Surely you jest! ;)

I know what he meant - they didn't sell at the price point they wanted. But this is one heck of a unique playable guitar!

And thanks for the compliments!

none2low

Reaction score
I can't say I'm surprised, as I think most felt they were priced on the high side initially.

My initial reaction was "I want" then I looked at the price and realized I could grab an R8 for similar money. Once they dropped the prices though I shouldn't have hesitated.

These days Double Cut Juniors are tough to find for reasonable money. Keep hoping Gibson gets around to doing a proper double cut as part of the original collection.

lawrev

Reaction score
I can't say I'm surprised, as I think most felt they were priced on the high side initially.

My initial reaction was "I want" then I looked at the price and realized I could grab an R8 for similar money. Once they dropped the prices though I shouldn't have hesitated.

These days Double Cut Juniors are tough to find for reasonable money. Keep hoping Gibson gets around to doing a proper double cut as part of the original collection.
Got it at a reasonable price and purchased a Custombucker bridge pickup to replace the double black pickup that was in it - checked today and it is a Fralin Pure PAF 8.5K pickup. With a Custombucker in it it is virtually stock for that limited run.

Latest Threads