NGD: 2018 2019 Black Classic

lespaulfreak93

Reaction score
image4.jpeg
Finally

image5.jpeg
image7.jpeg

Finally, a Gibson NGD for me. This time for the first time I paid for the whole thing and I'm proud of myself.
It's a 2019 Classic... but made in 2018.

In 2017 I was telling myself "you could never own a Gibson..."
It's 2020 and I now have two amazing ones!
Last photo is between my '17 Traditional and Edwards Custom.

All I can say is it's the best playing guitar I've ever played. I got very lucky. Really lucky. Ordered online sight unseen. "Pick the best you can find" is really NOT an option in my country. You take what you get...

Compared to my Traditional it's much lighter (of course), has a much more meaty tone for some reason and it sustains forever! Great pickups, the additional pickup options are very usable (and convincing!).

I love everything about it. It's a real player. And a looker. At first I wasn't sure about the black, but the moment I saw it in person I fell in love with it.

I decided to call it Eve after my only childhood friend.
It's the first time I've considered selling all my other guitars because this one is so good. Of course I won't, but I thought that would never happen. This is a real keeper forever.

Hope you enjoy the pics, it's hard to take a good photo because it's so shiny.

Oh, and a teaser for my next NGD (same week:)
image9.jpeg

Attachments

• image7.jpeg
    image7.jpeg
    147.7 KB · Views: 11

lespaulfreak93

Reaction score

cherrysunburst00

TUBE AMP JUNKIE FOR LIFE BAD ASS
Silver Supporting Member
Reaction score
SWEET!!! I'm so happy for you, lpf93. Classic; thinner neck than your Traditional?

lespaulfreak93

Reaction score
Thinner, but very nicely balanced and comfortable. I like it. Feels great and smooth. Gibson thin is still pretty thick by modern guitar standards anyway.

Contours perfectly to my deformed hands. Great feeling neck.

JonCanfield

Random Yahoo
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
View attachment 462007 Finally

View attachment 462008 View attachment 462009

Finally, a Gibson NGD for me. This time for the first time I paid for the whole thing and I'm proud of myself.
It's a 2019 Classic... but made in 2018.

In 2017 I was telling myself "you could never own a Gibson..."
It's 2020 and I now have two amazing ones!
Last photo is between my '17 Traditional and Edwards Custom.

All I can say is it's the best playing guitar I've ever played. I got very lucky. Really lucky. Ordered online sight unseen. "Pick the best you can find" is really NOT an option in my country. You take what you get...

Compared to my Traditional it's much lighter (of course), has a much more meaty tone for some reason and it sustains forever! Great pickups, the additional pickup options are very usable (and convincing!).

I love everything about it. It's a real player. And a looker. At first I wasn't sure about the black, but the moment I saw it in person I fell in love with it.

I decided to call it Eve after my only childhood friend.
It's the first time I've considered selling all my other guitars because this one is so good. Of course I won't, but I thought that would never happen. This is a real keeper forever.

Hope you enjoy the pics, it's hard to take a good photo because it's so shiny.

Oh, and a teaser for my next NGD (same week:)
View attachment 462012
Congrats!!

mudface

Shaw Bucker
Double Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
HAPPY new guitar days are the best amigo.... looks beautiful as all your instruments do....enjoy in good health and stay safe :cheers:

lespaulfreak93

Reaction score
Thanks everyone! I've been sleeping for 2-3 hours a day since I got it because I can't put it down. It took me 3 days to even take enough of a break to take photos of it.

lespaulfreak93

Reaction score
It's been 4 days and I can't believe how good this thing is. I don't think I can ever play any other brand now.

lespaulfreak93

Reaction score
Classics rule...nothing compares imho

yours is awesome...absolutely awesome in every way

-chris

I'm sure you'll like the next Gibson I get even more, it'll be more... your kind of shiny if you know what I mean :thumb:
(Not soon, though.)

Just noticed that in 2020 I got a 2019 Model Gibson which was made in 2018 :rofl:

Latest Threads