NGD 2017 Traditional Desert Burst

PauloQS

Reaction score
I had a 2017 Bourbon Burst Standard T that resembled very much your guitar. It was arguably the most chameleon guitar finish I’ve ever had, in a very awesome way. You’d see drastically different colors depending on the angle and lighting. For that reason pictures can be very deceiving, but it looked very much like your desert burst. Is that year’s bourbon burst difference from a desert burst the backs, marron vs black respectively, or were the tops slightly different as well?

integra evan

Reaction score
I had a 2017 Bourbon Burst Standard T that resembled very much your guitar. It was arguably the most chameleon guitar finish I’ve ever had, in a very awesome way. You’d see drastically different colors depending on the angle and lighting. For that reason pictures can be very deceiving, but it looked very much like your desert burst. Is that year’s bourbon burst difference from a desert burst the backs, marron vs black respectively, or were the tops slightly different as well?
Those 17 Standards in Bourbon Burst were stunning, I really liked the looks of that finish, but I couldn't get along with the skinnier standard neck, otherwise I would have one. The back on mine is a very dark brown. Hard to capture in pictures. The bourbon Burst has more of a maroon/purple color to it where this is more brown based.

PauloQS

Reaction score
Those 17 Standards in Bourbon Burst were stunning, I really liked the looks of that finish, but I couldn't get along with the skinnier standard neck, otherwise I would have one. The back on mine is a very dark brown. Hard to capture in pictures. The bourbon Burst has more of a maroon/purple color to it where this is more brown based.
That’s cool about the back. Also, the skinny neck was precisely the reason I parter with my Standard. It played like a Cadillac, but I much prefer the neck on the traditionals and the Standard 50s.

integra evan

Reaction score
That’s cool about the back. Also, the skinny neck was precisely the reason I parter with my Standard. It played like a Cadillac, but I much prefer the neck on the traditionals and the Standard 50s.
Come to think of it, bourbon burst is like root beer color with a slightly lighter center.

PauloQS

Reaction score
Come to think of it, bourbon burst is like root beer color with a slightly lighter center.
Here’s how my former 2017 Standard T looked

The center on the 2017 Bourbon Bursts were darker and more brown than usual. As an aside, I should not have dug through photos of that guitar. Now I miss it, lol.

integra evan

Reaction score
Here’s how my former 2017 Standard T looked

The center on the 2017 Bourbon Bursts were darker and more brown than usual. As an aside, I should not have dug through photos of that guitar. Now I miss it, lol.
Love it