NGD 2017 Traditional Desert Burst

integra evan

Reaction score
2017 Desert Burst Traditional loaded with OX4 pickups, got it from @guitaraddict . Desert burst looks much better in person. This has a nice neck on it, plays well and fits my hand nicely. Sounds killer with the OX4 pickups in it too. I dig the dark back on it too. Its 9.4 pounds but is very balanced in feel. I also like the more subdued flame on this top, it fits the look of the guitar.

20191010_222300-2771x2078.jpg
20191010_222340-2840x2032.jpg
20191010_222411-2268x3024.jpg
20191010_222509-2888x2166.jpg

Niloy63

Reaction score
I’ve always loved desert bursts since I first saw one. And I love rimbursts too, even more than tear drops. Shows more wood. No pun intended! Gorgeous guitar you got there. Congratulations on your HNGD!

guitaraddict

Premium Member
Reaction score
I’ve always loved desert bursts since I first saw one. And I love rimbursts too, even more than tear drops. Shows more wood. No pun intended! Gorgeous guitar you got there. Congratulations on your HNGD!
I like the rimburst on the the Desert Burst finish as well.

integra evan

Reaction score
Thanks! Yeah, I really like the rimburst on this too. I'd say this color is in between a bourbon burst and a tobacco burst. The thicker white binding around the fret board really sets it off too, as well as the contrast between the binding and the dark color body.
Played it a lot more last night and bonded with it, so this one is staying.

Niloy63

Reaction score
Thanks! Yeah, I really like the rimburst on this too. I'd say this color is in between a bourbon burst and a tobacco burst. The thicker white binding around the fret board really sets it off too, as well as the contrast between the binding and the dark color body.
Played it a lot more last night and bonded with it, so this one is staying.
It's stunning for sure. Glad to hear you bonded with it. I've seen that you're really good about stepping back from a guitar and selling it if you don't bond well with it. It's actually great. You end up with a meaningful collection that way. Sometimes, if I like the way the guitar looks enough, I'll find reasons to hold onto it when I could just sell it and get a much better fit for me with that money. I'm gonna try to adopt more of your philosophy.

integra evan

Reaction score
It's stunning for sure. Glad to hear you bonded with it. I've seen that you're really good about stepping back from a guitar and selling it if you don't bond well with it. It's actually great. You end up with a meaningful collection that way. Sometimes, if I like the way the guitar looks enough, I'll find reasons to hold onto it when I could just sell it and get a much better fit for me with that money. I'm gonna try to adopt more of your philosophy.
Yeah if it's not for me, it's not for me. They've all been absolutely outstanding guitars but there's no point in keeping them if they don't work out for me.

RocketKing

Reaction score
Apart from the pick ups it looks like the plastics have been swapped out too.
I noticed the tall bridge pick up ring and the plastics don't seem to have that "cream that in reality is pink" tint.

integra evan

Reaction score
Traditionals rule, great choice and happy ngd to you!
On a funny side :
"got it from @guitaraddict"
Looks like you're becoming a guitar addict too with these ngds :p
I wonder if you could give @jstarr823 a run for the money :laugh2:
Lol, they were simply pilgrims passing through. This is a keeper though since I've bonded with it.

Apart from the pick ups it looks like the plastics have been swapped out too.
I noticed the tall bridge pick up ring and the plastics don't seem to have that "cream that in reality is pink" tint.
It has the stock plastics, pickup rings are regular USA height ones, but the 17's do have an actual cream color to the plastics.