NGD 2017 Gibson M2M- R9 Royal Crimson

JUNAE9

Reaction score
https://ibb.co/b22aiS

Finally it's in my hands .... 2017 Gibson M2M-R9 -Royal Crimson Gloss..I will soon post more pics and details..Thanks Jessica (Musiczoo) and also thank you to some friends here from the forum. Jeff and Mfolet, mainly.
Below is your specifications:
Slim taper profile V3 (.800 - .870)
Grover Tuners
8.4 lbs.
*Detail: I ordered a R0 and Gibson Custom Shop delivered a R9 number.

DanD

Reaction score
That's a sweet ţop and a nice dark board too!

Congrats! :applause:

JeffH66

Pelham Blue Addict
Reaction score
That is stunning my friend, simply stunning. I love the color, the dark fretboard, reflector knobs.... everything. Congrats on a beautiful instrument. Play it in good health.

cherrysunburst00

I don't even care about the pat cictures anymore
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mighty FINE. CONGRATS with that Beauty

Crotch

Support MLP Veterans & Vendors
Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think it looks awesome. Slim Taper, Grovers and Reflectors!!!!

I have to ask though, and I am not trying to rain on the party, I'm just curious. Were you pissed that you ordered an "R0" and it came stamped R9? That, to me, wouldn't be acceptable on a M2M build.

JUNAE9

Reaction score
Of course I was upset. I did the m2m after thinking a lot (lots of money). In 2014 I bought a R0 (Daves Guitar) that came with factory defect (bent bridge screws). I was tired of the poor quality of Gibson Custom Shop guitars, but I decided to do the m2m. I chose everything I wanted and found a salesperson who was extremely helpful during the sale. Yes, the number changed is an unacceptable mistake, but the guitar is perfect. Weight, frets (jescar fw51108), grover tuners, color, I chose one beautiful top maple. I could return the guitar, but going through it all again and taking the risk of having an R0 with another defect is not for me. Not everything is perfect and I can live with a R9. This is just aesthetic to me, even though I know it's an absurd mistake. Another hypothesis is that they used the body of a R9 to do my M2M (Jamman warned me about it).

I think it looks awesome. Slim Taper, Grovers and Reflectors!!!!

I have to ask though, and I am not trying to rain on the party, I'm just curious. Were you pissed that you ordered an "R0" and it came stamped R9? That, to me, wouldn't be acceptable on a M2M build.

Crotch

Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Of course I was upset. I did the m2m after thinking a lot (lots of money). In 2014 I bought a R0 (Daves Guitar) that came with factory defect (bent bridge screws). I was tired of the poor quality of Gibson Custom Shop guitars, but I decided to do the m2m. I chose everything I wanted and found a salesperson who was extremely helpful during the sale. Yes, the number changed is an unacceptable mistake, but the guitar is perfect. Weight, frets, tap, color, I chose the maple. I could return the guitar, but going through it all again and taking the risk of having an R0 with another defect is not for me. Not everything is perfect and I can live with a R9. This is just aesthetic to me, even though I know it's an absurd mistake. Another hypothesis is that they used the body of a R9 to do my M2M (Jamman warned me about it).
Absolutely, I wouldn't let it ruin a good guitar. You don't play the serial number stamp :)

I was simply stating I would be making them pay in some way (discounted price?) for the mistake.

Makes me pissed to read stuff like this. Glad the guitar is awesome at least.

JUNAE9

Reaction score
I understand and agree with you Crotch.
This time, I find myself so tired (I've had many bad Gibsons) that did not want to buy a fight.
But you're right.

Absolutely, I wouldn't let it ruin a good guitar. You don't play the serial number stamp :)

I was simply stating I would be making them pay in some way (discounted price?) for the mistake.

Makes me pissed to read stuff like this. Glad the guitar is awesome at least.

Crotch

Platinum Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
I understand and agree with you Crotch.
This time, I find myself so tired (I've had many bad Gibsons) that did not want to buy a fight.
But you're right.
Sorry man. Wasn't trying to open up an obvious wound for you. The guitar looks great and the specs are there so its just a number.

JeffH66

Pelham Blue Addict
Reaction score
I agree that it's just a number and if the guitar is perfect otherwise, so be it. This "mistake" may work in your favor, as in my experience, R9's are worth more money than R0's. It's moot if you ever sell it though.

I just can't get over the color and the top, it's stunning. Ever since I saw Darrell IV's CAR Standard, I can't get having a CAR '57 RI out of my head.... and this thread isn't helping.

Congrats again.

519tbarr

Reaction score
Love that finish!

https://ibb.co/b22aiS

Finally it's in my hands .... 2017 Gibson M2M-R9 -Royal Crimson Gloss..I will soon post more pics and details..Thanks Jessica (Musiczoo) and also thank you to some friends here from the forum. Jeff and Mfolet, mainly.
Below is your specifications:
Slim taper profile V3 (.800 - .870)
Grover Tuners
8.4 lbs.
*Detail: I ordered a R0 and Gibson Custom Shop delivered a R9 number.