NGD 2016 Traditional Plaintop Light Burst

bilbarstow

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
For the longest time, I've wanted to step up to a Gibson, but didn't think I could justify a higher $ guitar. So I've collected a roomful of modestly priced but acceptable guitars - just about one in every flavor. But, darn it, I DESERVE nice things !

I was at Sweetwater's Gearfest last Friday, and damned if this didn't jump in my car and ride home with me :naughty: 2016 (Sweetwater Limited) Traditional Plaintop Light Burst, Non Weight-relieved. '57 Classic/'57 Classic Plus. Late '50's Neck and a reasonable for non weight-relieved 9 lb 3 oz. They had a 9.0, but I didn't like the top as much.

I'm not wild about Speed Knobs, I may change them to Reflectors, but otherwise I'm completely happy with this purchase. The '57s are surprisingly strong, they forced me to make some amp adjustments (down !) from what my other HB guitars use. But the resonance of this solid body is amazing, I can feel the sustain playing it unplugged. And the best part was Sweetwater priced it VERY NICELY for their gear show. I can't say enough about how great the show was and how much fun I had "window-shopping", and then I get to bring this home too ? :applause: :thumb:

Sweetwater's pics :
160109xxx-front_zpsbgoom6xw.jpg

160109xxx-angle_zps7iawrtuk.jpg

160109xxx-body_zpsnrzpqmiz.jpg

My crappy phone pics (see, I really do own it ! Just need a good day to get some outdoors pics) :
IMG_0798_zpsbrlglnxo.jpg

IMG_0797_zpsdzy9hf21.jpg

Zenatty1

Reaction score
absolutely beautiful- good call! and yes you do deserve nice things! all the best, Mark

gadgetfreak

Reaction score
I just love hearing stories like this, we all window shop a ton but when you get too bring something home as Beautiful as your Les Paul, Come on now Forget about it. I really love that color and Plaintops. Just screams play some awesome rock and blues on me. Congrats

Frogfur

Reaction score
I really like the standards like that. The ones you'd see in say, 65, we're more likely to be a cherry burst standard, just like that.I know..I was there.

Customs were for guitar heroes, but I never ever saw one for sale, or my guitar monster bud's 68 reissue.

Yours is just sweet

bilbarstow

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I forgot to mention : Normal tuners, normal (Gibson synthetic) Nut, Standard fretboard width, normal wiring in the cavity. It even has Nibs !

In other words, NO HENRY J WANKERY !

I really wanted one with the old skool specs, and I got it ! :thumb:

Donal

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Platinum Supporting Member
Reaction score
WOW, Amazing :wow:

Congrats and HNGD :applause:

GS1

Reaction score
Looks awesome, congrats! Sweetwater really hit it out of the park with this special run. I just love mine.

RustyNuts

Reaction score
Gibson has really been doing plain tops right this year. Beautiful guitar.

Reaction score
That's a beauty, what a day! I'm glad you've paid yourself the right thing, there's nothing worse than a house full of crud guitars. Of course it's yours and rightly so!

Latest Threads