NGD 2016 SG Standard T

Tanqueray

Reaction score
I picked up a 2016 SG Standard T from Sweetwater back in March. It was a demo model, but the photos didn't really show just how beaten up it was. It looked like someone took a tool to the top of the guitar body for some crazy reason, and there was a finish crack in the neck joint. It was too beaten up, even with the demo discount they gave, so I initiated a return.

The sales guy offered me a new model for the demo price instead, so I took him up on that, sent mine back, and waited until a new batch came in. However that one arrived with stripped screws in the pickguard. They offered to take it in and repair it for me, or just send me another guitar. I chose the latter and it just arrived the other day. Looks like the third time's the charm, as this one is pretty much flawless. The nibs are a little rough looking, but that seems to be par for the course for every 2016 SG Standard I've seen. I don't think Gibson is giving the same attention to detail to the SG l as they did on some of the Les Paul models I've gotten my hands on.

bwillard

Reaction score
Congratulations! That is a sexy little guitar you have there!

Marln864

Reaction score
Looks great. SG s are fun to play. I love my DT SG .

Latest Threads