NGD 2016 Les Paul Standard T Fire Burst Flame

TXOldRedRocker

Tech pays the bills. Not a fan of tech.
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I picked up this 2016 Gibson Les Paul Standard T Fire Burst Flame. Beautiful guitar.

Les Paul Standard T 2016

BodyFrontPool.jpg

FullFrontPool.jpg

FullBackPool.jpg

TXOldRedRocker

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man is that ever nice, and a ebony fingerboard! Did you buy that new, it is mint shape.

Nope. I just bought it. It's been well taken care of.

Rozman62

Reaction score
Nice guitar. I have a 2016 standard in honeyburst. Did not care for the stock pups so put in Dimarzio 36's and took out the PC board. Replaced with a Toneman harness.

Christosterone

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need a gazillion dollars…theres too many Lester’s I need to own

this one is a beauty…happy for you

how does it sound out of the fender…I reckon badass…
something About gibby humbuckers that make a fender amp crazy good

-chris

TXOldRedRocker

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice guitar. I have a 2016 standard in honeyburst. Did not care for the stock pups so put in Dimarzio 36's and took out the PC board. Replaced with a Toneman harness.

I bought this guitar because I have some pickups that need a home. This guitar is a project about to happen. New pickups, wiring, etc.

TXOldRedRocker

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need a gazillion dollars…theres too many Lester’s I need to own

this one is a beauty…happy for you

how does it sound out of the fender…I reckon badass…
something About gibby humbuckers that make a fender amp crazy good

-chris

Amen! I'd like to own just about one of everything myself when it comes to LP's. A few hundred, at least.

I got rid of the Fender and made a Mesa Fillmore into a better Fender. And it sounds good. I have one a Lovepedal Tweed Twin pedal. The bridge pickup on this guitar with that pedal is amazing. On my Mesa with an Eminence speaker, it sounds like a big bad Tweed Twin Fender. But, as I just mentioned, it's actually getting new pickups soon.

Christosterone

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Amen! I'd like to own just about one of everything myself when it comes to LP's. A few hundred, at least.

I got rid of the Fender and made a Mesa Fillmore into a better Fender. And it sounds good. I have one a Lovepedal Tweed Twin pedal. The bridge pickup on this guitar with that pedal is amazing. On my Mesa with an Eminence speaker, it sounds like a big bad Tweed Twin Fender. But, as I just mentioned, it's actually getting new pickups soon.

a great fender amp is missing from my collection…
I lust after them…
some day :h5:

really happy for u and ur new axe…
id be pretty useless this week at work if I owned ur new teeter and had that fender amp

play her well this week and know a Texan is happy for u with every note u play :h5:

-chris

TXOldRedRocker

Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
a great fender amp is missing from my collection…
I lust after them…
some day :h5:

really happy for u and ur new axe…
id be pretty useless this week at work if I owned ur new teeter and had that fender amp

play her well this week and know a Texan is happy for u with every note u play :h5:

-chris

Appreciate it @Christosterone, fellow Texan!

I'm addicted to effects loops. Rightly or wrongly. I had 4 amps, 3 had effects loops, the Fender did not. I also like to play in stereo. I have some cool modulation pedals that work well with a stereo setup. As subtle as they may be. I don't use much, and I prefer them not going through the preamp.

I had upgraded to the Fender Princeton Reverb with a better 12" Eminence than the 12" Eminence that came with it. (To my ears.)

I put the original speaker back in the Fender, and moved the better Eminence into a Mesa Fillmore combo, removing the Celestion that came in it. The Mesa has two channels with 3 voicings each. On Clean, the Mesa sounds just like a Fender. The Mesa has a big spring reverb built in just like the Fender. Sounds great. Now my Fender sits in my LGS on consignment, waiting for a buyer. Frankly, I don't miss it.

Disclaimer: A big 2x12 Fender combo like a Twin Twelve, could be a different story. I would love to have one of those. May have one someday. But I'm unlikely to ever buy a single speaker Fender combo again.

Latest Threads