NGD: 2016 Gibson Explorer in Wine Red

Moni

Banned
Reaction score
I wasn’t looking but this guitar found me for a change .... it’s a 2016 Gibson Explorer Traditional T ... my sister in-law had purchased this new in 2016 and it has been collecting dust as she never bonded with it. I play it every time I go for a visit and this time I was asked if I wanted to buy it for $850 so I did.

It’s a great guitar “like new” and had been ordered from AMS ... I had an Epiphone Explorer case needing a guitar in it so .....

68AD5E60-2C38-4BD2-84F4-E5DB7B12153E.jpeg
96B2D636-8E79-4EE3-B464-DEA047821893.jpeg
ED5AAAE2-AAB6-4AFB-92E5-AFFFD3C5A87A.jpeg

Stinky Kitty

Premium Member
Reaction score
Congratulations!!
Awesome guitar! The Explorer is definitely on my bucket list.
Dig that color, and for a great deal too..

Moni

Banned
Reaction score
Congratulations!!
Awesome guitar! The Explorer is definitely on my bucket list.
Dig that color, and for a great deal too..
Same here, always wanted a Gibson Explorer. I remember some years ago having work done on a guitar and the store giving me a Gibson Explorer as a loaner. I really wanted that guitar and didn’t want to give it back.

Now I have one.

I do have wn two Epiphone Explorers, a Goth which is way awesome.

judson

Reaction score
in all these years never have touched one but did see a great deal the other day i almost pulled the trigger on, they look comfortable to play really....and the prices dont kill you....that is a beauty, enjoy it! :h5:

i have that same EPI case that came with my JB Fbird.....it can sleep a family of three i think as a camper... :rofl:

Moni

Banned
Reaction score
in all these years never have touched one but did see a great deal the other day i almost pulled the trigger on, they look comfortable to play really....and the prices dont kill you....that is a beauty, enjoy it! :h5:

i have that same EPI case that came with my JB Fbird.....it can sleep a family of three i think as a camper... :rofl:
It’s like the trunk in a 70s Cadillac El Dorado.
4F71F585-B1E2-4E5B-AE12-EC47E62D72DB.jpeg
293A15A4-735B-4733-90F7-CC17DF61CC31.jpeg
110DDB4C-F3B4-4BEA-AC31-5C37658BBC12.jpeg

judson

Reaction score
that car in yellow is one of the most beautiful cars i almost bought...actually guy wanted to trade my yellow Tbird for it even up....with cream interior..the white is cool as well

Moni

Banned
Reaction score
that car in yellow is one of the most beautiful cars i almost bought...actually guy wanted to trade my yellow Tbird for it even up....with cream interior..the white is cool as well

Whoo! That is gorgeous! It's a yellow but like a butter cream.

Moni

Banned
Reaction score
This is how it sounds with that chainsaw sound..... this was why I acquired it!

Good old Ernie Balls 9-42

MSB

Reaction score
Moni is a badass, and seems to have a NGD every two weeks... jealous

efstop

Gold Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
I didn't see this new acquisition, @Moni Congrats! I love my 2018 Explorer. At first they couldn't find the case and gave me a generic one and I'm thinking WTF? It comes with a case that retails here for $350. Fortunately the store L&M transferred it from found it, with the strap and all the case candy.

Moni

Banned
Reaction score
I didn't see this new acquisition, @Moni Congrats! I love my 2018 Explorer. At first they couldn't find the case and gave me a generic one and I'm thinking WTF? It comes with a case that retails here for $350. Fortunately the store L&M transferred it from found it, with the strap and all the case candy.
Wow! Good thing they found your proper case! That’s better than this one! This one came with a huge gigbag which is what Gibson sent with it originally. It’s ridiculously huge and stupid looking.

I think you made out with the better deal!

Would love to see a picture of yours and that case to see what I’m missing out on.

Very nice congrats.
Thanks! It’s one of the best players I’ve had, very impressed with it.

Moni is a badass, and seems to have a NGD every two weeks... jealous
Half the time I'm not looking as some kind of find me, like this one. People know me around here and contact me if they’re selling or trading.

I mainly sell to buy for example, I sold a Les Paul recently and bought two Gibsons posted in here with it.

efstop

Gold Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow! Good thing they found your proper case! That’s better than this one! This one came with a huge gigbag which is what Gibson sent with it originally. It’s ridiculously huge and stupid looking.

I think you made out with the better deal!

Would love to see a picture of yours and that case to see what I’m missing out on.

Thanks! It’s one of the best players I’ve had, very impressed with it.

Half the time I'm not looking as some kind of find me, like this one. People know me around here and contact me if they’re selling or trading.

I mainly sell to buy for example, I sold a Les Paul recently and bought two Gibsons posted in here with it.
EX_and_case.jpg

efstop

Gold Supporter
Premium Member
Reaction score
See? I love how the guitar sits off center like that! I want that case!

Probably won’t see one for sale either. Damn nice case guitar too, that natural finish is hot looking. Vintagey!
I also like that it has Burstbuckers, and not ceramics or extra high output. Sounds better to me than the 490 pups in the '17 Tribute I traded for it :)

Moni

Banned
Reaction score
I also like that it has Burstbuckers, and not ceramics or extra high output. Sounds better to me than the 490 pups in the '17 Tribute I traded for it :)
Yes, I like Burstbuckers. I have a Bonamassa Epiphone Les Paul in green that came with Gibson Burstbuckers that sound great.

Your Explorer is beautiful, great guitar.