NGD, 2015 upgraded SG Std

Mr6strings

Banned
Reaction score
Upgraded to what?
UPGRADES :
  • KLUSON Revolution tuners (GForce removed)

• Les Paul Historic trussrod cover

• GraphTech TUSQXL adjustable nut

• Custom Les Paul tenon cover

• 5 ply 60° bevel Custom shop pickguard

• Wizz Premium M-69 Custom humbucker rings

• Historic Switchcraft tip, heavy knurled Switchcraft nut

• Gibson ABR-1 Bridge, with black adapters

• Vintage repro knobs from PLT (smooth reflector tops)

Mr6strings

Banned
Reaction score
The KLUSON Revolution tuners are awesome, high ratio, light weight, high precision, smooth action, perfect machine heads with a cool vintage design.

The GraphTech TUSQ XL adjustable nut give a nice classic style, killer

SG Standard TBK 209.jpg

SG Standard TBK 218.jpg

Last edited:

moreles

Reaction score
Those are nice improvements. As for the nut, adjustable nuts, regardless of material, are a crappy substitute which Gibson introduced in an effort to avoid the problem of making a proper nut slotted as exactly as is needed for top results. So they went with an acoustically crappy gizmo that offers adjustment at the expense of optimum sound. An adjustable nut is better than a poorly done solid nut, but a well-made bone nut is way better. The older SGs your parts changes emulate certainly did not have adjustable nuts, nor did they use Tusq. It's yours, do what you want of course, but if I had a '15 the first thing to go would be the nut, and the second would be the idiotic G force tuners. 3rd would be a headstock refin.

Roxy13

Reaction score
I have some of those same tuners and might put them on my SG Standard HP that has the G Force. Thanks for posting your beauty there as it makes my decision to use them on this guitar easier.

Pancake81

Reaction score
I will be honest, the trans ebony is one of the most unique and beautiful colors Gibson has come up with an a long time!

persoanlly, I can’t get over the “Les Paul 100” on the headstock... that's my own issue, nothing against the guitar. If it were not for that there would be one hanging on my wall

MSB

Reaction score
persoanlly, I can’t get over the “Les Paul 100” on the headstock... that's my own issue, nothing against the guitar. If it were not for that there would be one hanging on my wall

I was restringing my '15 yesterday and went to take off the first string and went "oh yeah." I take it out just as much as the others, but I really never notice it unless its pointed out or I'm doing something on the headstock. Which is kind of odd as I'm one of those that really can't get over some simple things, but for some reason, that isn't one.

Latest Threads