NGD: 2015 Less Plus 1960 goldtop fo yo ass!

Wyatt Earp

Reaction score
I was skeptical, but my new 1960 GT has become my #1 LP. Tone is incredible, both acoustically and plugged in. I've actually owned it for a few months, but it's my newest guitar. I have a set of Tyson Tone 57 Wind P90's, but the stock Gibson P90's are absolute perfection. The G-Force tuning system works perfectly. I use G major on Ace Frehley "Ozone" and Aerosmith "Draw The Line". I used my Deluxe GT tuned open for those numbers, but not anymore. The wider neck reminds me of my 1985 Jackson Soloist that I sold years ago. I actually like the L+ neck better, because it has standard string spacing. The sound is very close to my P90 loaded Telecaster, but has that woody LP character. Warm mids, tight bottom, and bell-like a top. I'm not a huge fan of the script "LP 100", but I think it looks great with the matching goldtop finish.

Roxy13

Reaction score
I actually like my G Force tuners too. I think I'm going to be upset when they croak.

wmachine

Reaction score
I think you missed the memo: 2015s suck.
JK in a major way. Another one shatters the myth. Not at all surprised you like it!

Wyatt Earp

Reaction score
Gibson sent me a titanium replacement nut for it too. The stock nut is nickel covered brass. If you purchased a 2015 new, Gibson will send you a nut Ti for free. The neck is not asymmetrical. I know a Gibson traditionalist will likely scoff at the neck, but my fellow Charvel fans will be right at home with it.

Last edited:

Frozen Rat

Premium Member
Reaction score
I was very close to buying one of these off Reverb but I remembered why I didn't buy one when they first came out: the wider fretboard sans wider string spacing. I can't wrap my head around why Gibson wouldn't widen the string spacing; I'd snatch one up instantly if they had done that. Other than that, they sound really good. Not quite the same as their thicker brothers—kind of have their own unique thing—and all other things being equal, damned fine guitars at a great price. And GTs are my favorite LPs.

Wyatt Earp

Reaction score
I was very close to buying one of these off Reverb but I remembered why I didn't buy one when they first came out: the wider fretboard sans wider string spacing. I can't wrap my head around why Gibson wouldn't widen the string spacing; I'd snatch one up instantly if they had done that. Other than that, they sound really good. Not quite the same as their thicker brothers—kind of have their own unique thing—and all other things being equal, damned fine guitars at a great price. And GTs are my favorite LPs.
I dig the spacing, because of the added room next to both E strings. I'm also use to that spacing, so...

wmachine

Reaction score
Gibson sent me a titanium replacement nut for it too. The stock nut is nickel covered brass. If you purchased a 2015 new, Gibson will send you a nut Ti for free. The neck is not asymmetrical. I know a Gibson traditionalist will likely scoff at the neck, but my fellow Charvel fans will be right at home with it.
I dig the spacing, because of the added room next to both E strings. I'm also use to that spacing, so...
....... I can't wrap my head around why Gibson wouldn't widen the string spacing; I'd snatch one up instantly if they had done that. Other than that, they sound really good.......
Shouldn't be that hard to understand. Look at the posts around yours. It is a matter of preference. Not being yours doesn't make it bad.

Wyatt Earp

Reaction score
Shouldn't be that hard to understand. Look at the posts around yours. It is a matter of preference. Not being yours doesn't make it bad.
I don't know why you're quoting me? You must be addressing Frozen Rat.

Axis39

Reaction score
I love my '15 as well. But, do agree about the weirdness of not increasing the spacing. It ain't enough to keep me up at night, though.

redcoats1976

Reaction score
im good with my 2015 junior,and got it for epiphone money.hate on,all you haters.

frozenotter

?
Premium Member
Reaction score
I threw a Graphtech Zero Fret nut on mine. Fits like a glove, looks kick @ss, and sounds excellent. Also, when you bend the high 'e' string closer to the nut it won't bounce around the groove anymore.

wmachine

Reaction score
I don't know why you're quoting me? You must be addressing Frozen Rat.
I'm quoting you because you're one of the "posts around him" showing him why it was simply a preference and not a mistake by Gibson".